Rate of Rise/Heat Sensor type "smoke detectors"

ctwilliams

I would like to add a Rate of Rise/Heat sensor type detector in my kitchen. Unfortunately, I did not wire for it. I have looked around but have not found many wireless choices that will work with the Elk wireless system. I did find this, but want to make sure that it would work.

The GE 80-994 Wireless Rate of Rise Heat Sensor "Kit"

GE Site

and the installation instructions:

Instructions

Has anyone tried this one or have any opinion on this type of detector? Our kitchen is so far away from any other smoke detector that I feel like the house would burn completely down if I had to wait for one of our smoke detectors to go off.

Thanks..

I worked with the GE Rate of Rise wireless detectors on testing the M1XRF2G RF Receiver. They worked fine during our tests. They are a good solution for areas that could cause a false alarm when something accidently burns like in a kitchen.

I have 3 units to install when I get a chance this week or next. I tore something in my left shoulder and I am "supposed" to be resting it. I did use them once a few years ago and dont remember any problems with them.

I plan on using one in the kitchen, one in the garage over the stored generator (since it has some gas in it which is technically wrong), and the third I havent decided (I got a good deal on 3 units).

I have 3 units to install when I get a chance this week or next. I tore something in my left shoulder and I am "supposed" to be resting it. I did use them once a few years ago and dont remember any problems with them.

I plan on using one in the kitchen, one in the garage over the stored generator (since it has some gas in it which is technically wrong), and the third I havent decided (I got a good deal on 3 units).

Ouch...hope it heals ok. It is hard to rest an arm.

I will order it and give it a try. Not many people selling them though, need to send a PM to Martin and see if they can get them.

Hopefully it will work as well with the Elk-Caddx as it will with the new Ellk-Elk receiver.

Thanks....

I went to check as I bought one from AO awhile back, but I don't see it on the site right now.

I think it was the same one referenced. It is still in the box unfortunately so I can't comment much other than it fit the need in my case. I used System Sensor wired heat detectors in the attic and garage, and this one was for the kitchen where it was more difficult to wire additional sensors.

Back