Rate of Rise in a garage?

ano

Is it acceptable to use a rate-of-rise heat sensor in a garage?  Its in AZ so I have sensors rated for 194 degrees for attic and possibly garage, but I was thinking when you brought a hot car into the garage, that might rise the temp pretty fast, triggering the sensor. Is this a concern?  The instructions don't say anything about this case. I have a gas water heater out there, so that is the reason for the sensor.

Fine.

15 degrees per minute.....if you're going to exceed that, then you're going to trip the ROR.  A car generally isn't going to heat up the ambient that fast.

Temperature for the installation should generally be 15 degrees above the highest ambient possible.

OK thanks. I'm hoping 194 degree will work in the attic. It can get REALLY hot here, but I assume they have taken that into account since that is the highest temp I have found. I won't mount it directly over the furnace. I've never measured the attic temp in the summer, but the AC guys told me they do install systems all summer. I don't know how they do it.

if you hit about 194 in "habitable space" or an attic, you've got a bigger problem. The next highest value, your house would be in outer space before it tripped.Trying to find the listings with the color codes.

Attics, maybe 20-30 above ambient is common. Spent way too many years up in them.

Back