Recommended Wired Motion and Glass Break Sensors

johngalt

Years ago the Visonic Glasstech (0-1905-0) Glassbreak detector and the Bosch Blue Line Gen 2 Tritech (i.e. ISC-BDL2-WP12G) were well recommended sensors.

I installed them in my house and they have been working well.

I am now undergoing construction for an addition to my home and wanted to check to see if they are the still recommend or if something is better. I have a Elk M1 system with the 2 Way wireless and the Honeywell 5800 wireless sensors. However, I have the ability to hardware everything and would prefer to do so unless the wireless sensors are that much better.

The Glasstech sensors appear to be discontinued, but I might be able to find them still.

I have been using the the Bosch ISC-BDL2-W12G Blue Line Gen2 motion detectors for the past few years. I can recommend them.
As always, proper location is also very important (don't point at windows that get sun, try to mount in corners).

I agree with the Bosch Blue Line as I have used those for years.

FYI, Visonic has a new glass break detector which looks intriguing.

Attachments

• Visonic Glass Break Detector.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
I have been using the the Bosch ISC-BDL2-W12G Blue Line Gen2 motion detectors for the past few years. I can recommend them.
As always, proper location is also very important (don't point at windows that get sun, try to mount in corners).
going to be mounting my PIR sensors here soon and saw this reply about windows/sun and corners. When you mount yours, do you try to angle them with a mounting bracket?

1705462302509.png edit- i just ordered a couple of these. Hope they aren't junk.

Last edited:
going to be mounting my PIR sensors here soon and saw this reply about windows/sun and corners. When you mount yours, do you try to angle them with a mounting bracket?

View attachment 11405 edit- i just ordered a couple of these. Hope they aren't junk.
I rarely use angle mounting brackets. The Bosch blue Line motion detectors have a "look down zone" you enable by pulling a strip out at the bottom. That gives you close detection as well as the normal detection. Less need for an angle mount.

I rarely use angle mounting brackets. The Bosch blue Line motion detectors have a "look down zone" you enable by pulling a strip out at the bottom. That gives you close detection as well as the normal detection. Less need for an angle mount.
I have the Blueline Gen2 pet immune version. There is a red dial which moves a flap to cover up the look down portion of the sensor. Is that pretty much what you are referring to when you say pull a strip out at the bottom?

The Blue Line that I use have a white plastic pull out strip to enable look down. See step 8 of the install manual (attached).

Attachments

• Blue_Line_Gen_2_Quick_Installation_Guide_enUS_71222140683.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
The Blue Line that I use have a white plastic pull out strip to enable look down. See step 8 of the install manual (attached).
My sensors are older it appears, as my paper manual that came with is from 2004 and has no mention of the "EN50131-2-4 Grade 2 compliance". Here are a couple more photos. The black piece on the left in the 2nd picture looks like it could be removed, which would expose the entire front window.

Attachments

• 20240117_121557.jpg
    20240117_121557.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240117_121625.jpg
    20240117_121625.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
My sensors are older it appears, as my paper manual that came with is from 2004 and has no mention of the "EN50131-2-4 Grade 2 compliance". Here are a couple more photos. The black piece on the left in the 2nd picture looks like it could be removed, which would expose the entire front window.
Yes, Yours are older. Looks like you turn the red arrow to enable look down.

Angle brackets arrived from China. Quite pleased with them. When I ran all the wires in the house, I choose to put a LV bracket in each location for motion/temps, etc.. Not sure it was worth it, but I do think they look fairly clean.

Attachments

• 20240214_103740.jpg
    20240214_103740.jpg
    919.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240214_103915.jpg
    20240214_103915.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 3
Back