RedRadio - RelayTouch RT2718

Dwayne;

Are these the same units you were working on for interface to Premise? If you can create the same interface that will work under multiple control program environments, you will win the race (for now). These units are a natural for both the Premise platform and the Main Lobby platform.

Thanks,

Dave.

Dave,

Yes Premise and the fine folks on the Premise team were the inspiration for this product. Our original plan with TouchBuilder, RedRadio's user interface development environment, was to support any back end system. We will no longer sell TouchBuilder, but will completely support NeoBook which is what TouchBuilder was based on. We will be providing our Premise plug-in for TB in a form that NeoBook can use, and will encourage others to develop plug-ins for NeoBook.

Now, that being said (about NeoBook), we will support just about any other user interface program, like MainLobby, and any development platform such as IE and Opera browsers, Visual Basic, Visual C++, REALBasic, etc. By support, we mean that we will post source code examples of how to construct a RAD-I/O user interface. We will leave the back end integration to all of the software developers here.

The beauty of this product is that what is displayed on the LCD's is simply whatever you can create for the desktop, provided that you follow the rules of the 8 quadrants. 640x480 divided into 8 160x240 panels. Our source code examples show (or will show) how to do things like run a browser in kiosk mode (no menus or toolbads), or remove the window frames completely in C++.

-Dwayne

Hi Dwayne,

Sorry to drag up this thread but I was wondering if you have any example software for VB6.0?

These look very promising and I'm eagerly awaiting the time when we find out how big a hole in our pocket I'm gonna have to make :p

Ben

I just discovered cocoontech, and this was one of the first posts I fell upon. Awesome! All I can say really, but I guess my biggest question would be able possible development of an external display device. What I mean is a box with a VGA input and the 8 outputs for these LCDs. It would also have a PS2 cable for connection to the computer as an input device (mouse). The advantage to this over the PCI card is that it would work with any computer configured with monitor settings of 640x480 at 60Hz. Again, I am very new here, so even mentioning being a Mac developer may put me on a black list, but damn, this is exactly what I am looking for some installations. My house is now screaming for this. But since I run nearly everything, except for mythtv, off OS X, I am out of luck. It may be worth setting up an old PC with a web browser though, but I would love to hook this up to an otherwise headless mac.

hi wififun,

welcome to CocoonTech! There is no such thing as a 'blacklist', the site is dedicated to every platform out there (we actually want more input from Mac owners), so the more the better!

They also mentioned the drivers were compatible with Linux, so I assume it shouldn't be too hard to get it to work on OS X as well, but hopefully they can confirm this themselves soon, I know they are working very hard on this product launch, and it definitely looks promising!

wififun,

The video card has an LVDS input, but will not be enabled in the first production run. Theoretically, we can create a VGA to LVDS interface board, but I suspect that the cost of the board might be close to that of building a small, low cost PC.

As for the mac, the video card may work as is. I will make a point to dust off an old mac that I have here at home (G4) and give it a try. There might be some software that would need to be written for things like the touch screen interface and our API, but it sounds like you might be able to handle that. Lets us get the first units out the door (very soon) and then we can talk about mac.

-Dwayne

Tony,

We can provide the reference kits with fewer displays--contact me privately. If you are developing a solution with RAD-I/O, such as user interface software, we expect that you would want to put the software/system through real-world testing. Thus the 4 or 8 displays in the reference kits.

We are including a complete PC with RAD-I/O reference kits to minimize any initial support issues related to motherboards that we have not been able to test. As part of the reference kit, you get complete technical/engineering support from us, including determining any possible problems with mobos or bios, but we want you to have the product working immediately after you receive it. Our test platforms were all based on the VIA EPIA platforms, which is why we chose that as the reference kit design. If you would like to purchase a reference kit without the PC, that is fine too with the caveat that you may have to send us your motherboard for several weeks, perhaps longer, should there be any compatibility issues.

-Dwayne

Dwayne,

Thanks for that. My question was more directed at down-the-road, when you are selling items individually.

I can guess at my answer from your response! ;)

Tony

TonyNo,

We are targeting August 1 for availability of the units in any combination that you want, and possibly even a 4-port video card that is less expensive.

-Dwayne

Is this product shipping in production quantities? Anybody try out the development kit versions?

Thanks for the response.

Stew

Back