Reputable ELK Internet dealer?

MRL

I expect to order my ELK/CADDX hardware tomorrow. Can anyone recommend a reputable Internet ELK dealer with good prices? My usual PC sources do not carry the ELK hardware. I expect to spend some bucks here and I would like to deal with a company with good customer service.

Hello MRL,
Martin from www.automatedoutlet.com is the friendliest HA distributer I have ever worked with, they stock both Elk and GE (I bought an Caddx NX-8e from him). Not to mention you will rarely find better prices then he offers.

Just my 2 cents,
Shawn

HAL_MAN's recommendation is dead on. I bought my Elk from AutomatedOutlet and have been very pleased. I have dealt with some other dealers for items they didn't carry and I'll be honest, I later sent a request for them to be carried by AO.

I also bought my Elk and other home automation gear from AO because of the great prices *and* service. Martin (owner of AO) is a regular participant on this board.

Martin Custer
I submitted an email request for a quote on your web site.
Thanks
I feel better already jumping into the DIY installation of an ELK system.

Brian from tech-home and Toymaster from Kanak are also nice and reputable but I too have purchased everything from Martin and the AO experience simply can't be beat. Just be careful - Martin is magnetic and he will always attract you in for more!

Came across ASIHome on the Internet with really good prices on ELK hardware. Anyone have any experience with them? However, I have no problem paying a little more to be able to trust a vendor and know that I'm getting good customer service (also lets me sleep at night).

MRL said:
Came across ASIHome on the Internet with really good prices on ELK hardware. Anyone have any experience with them? However, I have no problem paying a little more to be able to trust a vendor and know that I'm getting good customer service (also lets me sleep at night).
I believe that ASIhome is bending the rules of their contract with Elk regarding minimum advertised price. That is why you have to add it to your cart before you can see the price. Ask Martin and I bet he will match that price. :) And it looks like Martin carries a lot more of the Elk accessories than ASIhome.

Many months ago I would say basshome, but as of late they have been reckless with their customers. It's impossible to get in touch with them, I've had to revoke a credit card charge recently.

I agree with everyone here, Automated Outlet has been nothing but helpful and responsive.

I purchased my Elk M1G, Z-wave & Ethernet interface as well as strobes, switches, etc from Martin @ AutomatedOutlet and couldn't be happier!

Ultra fast shipping, excellent technical support and the fact he is located in Texas (as am I) is a deal-maker. In addition, the flat-rate $6.95 shipping beats the heck out of many other places (especially SO).

Basshome took 2.5 weeks to even ship my order. Apparently they have little in stock and simply put in a request with Elk to drop-ship something (when they get around to generating the order). AO is less expensive and faster to boot! A+A+A+

Tracy in Houston

I would like to thank everyone for the insight on vendors. I did get an ELK quote from Martin that is pretty good (about $115 higher than the lowest quote and about $120 lower than the highest quote) but from what you are all saying, I can expect excellent technical support and customer service from Martin. That is worth the additional $115 and Martin said he would include the training DVDs for the installation and programming. I'll sleep on it one more day and make my decision tomorrow. I want to double-check exactly what I need so that when the hardware arrives I can install it without running out to Lowe's or waiting for a necessary part to arrive.
Thanks again.

And now...I shoot myself in the foot.

I'm a direct competitor of Martin's, and I can backup all the claims made here. Martin is a great guy and an excellent source of Elk products. It may cost you a little more in the short run, but some of the companies that were mentioned in this post are not as reliable for support and they cover for that by lowering their prices. I can guarantee you will pay in labor and stress more then anything you save by using one of the lower priced vendors.

Back