Reputable ELK Internet dealer?

un-wired said:
And now...I shoot myself in the foot.
BANG!! As I do the same.

Martin is a great guy and even though we sell the same stuff to the same market, I do not feel he is competitor but more a friend. We stay in touch often and never step over each others toes but more we assist each other. I do not have a full site as Martin but that is not my key business. I do more customized engineering and sales then mass internet sales. Most of what I sell is not even on the site.

My Company by trade is Computer Consulting, Software Development, Digital CCTV and Home/Business Automation. My heart as with many falls with automation so I come here to learn new ideas and keep my brain working by assisting others. Then I get an added bonus when someone is looking to have a their system engineered so I make a few bucks for that and the sales of the equipment needed.

Guy Lavoie said:
un-wired said:
Actually un-wired, your post demonstrates a good attitude. I wish more vendors were like that. :)
Trust me, I was in the middle of writing mine before I saw your post. :) Not meaning to sound cocky.

I'd like to offer myself as a reference for both toymaster and tech-home.com. I haven't yet had the pleasure of buying from AO or un-wired, I should do that and get the quadfecta :)

They both also have great service. In addition, I'm highly leveraging toymaster's consulting services. There's a few things that I would want a professional to help me with, this is one of them. I feel like toymaster has protected me more than once from buying something silly b/c I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize I was either covered elsewhere, or the new bit didn't fit in to the overall scheme.

We, the customers, are dang lucky have 4 fine vendors who all frequent this forum to choose from. I wish I had this benefit in all the venues in which I spend $$.

Wow, I can't wait to get started. I'm going to email Martin today to place an order.
I'm a member of quite a few forums, including the giant AVSforum. This forum has been incredible in providing quick and excellent information and insight. I am going to keep a journal of my experiences installing and programming the ELK/CADDX wireless system.

Guy Lavoie said:
un-wired said:
Actually un-wired, your post demonstrates a good attitude. I wish more vendors were like that. :)
It's nice to be in an industry where we can be like this. We have the complete and total support of most of the manufacturers, there is a definite unspoken gentleman's agreement among the vendors to not be snakes, and as a whole the community will not accept any shennanigans and therefor polices itself.

I have never meet Martin (I am looking forward to the Jack and Coke he owes me now), but as a whole I can say that most of the vendors in this field are HA DIY junkies themselves and can relate very well with their customers. We install the same products in our homes that we recommend to our customers, and won't recommend something that has failed on us. I consider myself to be lucky to be in a group of people who still love the product because it makes the job fun.

and of course...the famous quote
"It's nice to be nice to the nice,"
Frank Burns

Back