Russound vs. HTD

The HA plugin author wrote an authentication script with a pop up window.

It looks similar to the Kodi AOD authentication script. 

It is all here ==>

hxxps://github.com/custom-components/alexa_media_player/wiki

So couldn't this be duplicated in a HS plugin? Discussion on the HS forum seems to suggest it cannot for some reason but I am not following just what is preventing it from being done.

Probably.

Reverse engineering of might not work in the future.

This is a custom component to allow control of Amazon Alexa devices in Homeassistant using the unofficial Alexa API.

Please note this mimics the Alexa app but Amazon may cut off access at anytime.

It's been working fine for me almost a year now.

Mike - nice to see you moved on with HTD.
Would you mind sharing the components you ended up with? On the diagrams you show MCA-66. Did you get keypads?

Monk said:
Mike - nice to see you moved on with HTD.
Would you mind sharing the components you ended up with? On the diagrams you show MCA-66. Did you get keypads?

I got one keypad to test. I might get some more but at $75 each I want to wait and see if I really need them. Everybody in my house loves the way the Echo Shows work with the HTD amp so you get the full Echo feature set including lyrics, video calls etc, but it all works through good sounding speakers. I am especially pleased how well the audio baluns work to attach the Echo Shows in each room back to the HTD amp. It really sounds good and even though I have a Sonos Connect as a source on the MC66 I think 90% of the daily use will be music via the Echo Shows or the shared Echo Link I put on one of the HTD source inputs. I'll probably update the diagram to show "as built" after I am done tweaking things.

upstatemike said:
There is no such thing as "over done" on speech! I still don't understand why HA can do direct TTS to Alexa but HS cannot. What is the missing piece that HS cannot replicate?
NO system can do DIRECT TTS to Alexa.  There are ways of running a Pi that uses the web interface to do this or if the system like ST or ISY and most others are presenting sensors (motion/contact) to Alexa and then through an Alexa routine you can send a TTS.  This is not direct but it clean.

HS Can't and or won't do a lot of things.

If ST and ISY just trigger routines are they able to announce actual data values? For example, can ISY say the "the thermostat has just been changed and the new setpoint is <setpoint value> ?

Back