Santa came early this year!

dbinaz

Santa in Brown that is. Yup, got my whole package for the new house today from AO. Only a week to go for the close/move in.
Can't wait to start playing. :unsure:

5x 35A00-3 HAI UPB 600W Non-Dimming Switch
20x 1085T-N Surface Mount with Screw Terminals
Elk-SWS Structured Wiring Battery Shelf
ELK-M1DBH Data Bus Hub
CPP5-24 CPP5-24 Cyrex CAT5e 24 Port Patch Panel
2x TR16-485 TR16 RS-485 Thermostat
3x BV-600 BV-600 Dual-Element Wired PIR Motion Sensor
ELK-930 Doorbell & Telephone Ring Detector
2x ELK-M1BBK2 Recess Mount Back Box Kit for M1-KP2
Elk-M1KP2 KP2 Keypad for M1 controls
M1XEP M1 Ethernet Port Interface
6x ELK-M1PRF-1 Single Proximity Fob
ELK-M1XIN M1 16 Zone Input Expander
2x ELK-M1PR Keypad Plug-in Proximity Reader
M1GKS ELK-M1GKS Elk System with new KP2 and no cabinet

sweeeeet....

eh, did you get a can to put all that stuff into :D

Also, how are you going to control the UPB stuff? Do you need something external for the Elk to control it, or are you going to wait for the CQC driver, or ...?

Yes I got another On-Q 42" with hinged door for like $50 on ebay NIB.

hmm....I over looked the M1XSP. Damn. Oh well, guess I will have to order it.
I hope the CQC driver is released sooner than later.

Do I need one for each device like M1 and TStats? or just one will work for all? or do I not need it for the tstats?

You need an XSP per each function, so you would need 1 for lighting, 1 for HVAC, etc. And, as stated previously, you may be better served to control the UPB lights from CQC via the M1 instead of from CQC directly. And at least for now that is your only option anyway.

I guess it depends on how it is setup. If there are just several stats off of a controller then I believe yes, only 1 is needed. If they are completely independent systems with their own stats, then you will need 1 for each system.

Steve said:
I guess it depends on how it is setup. If there are just several stats off of a controller then I believe yes, only 1 is needed. If they are completely independent systems with their own stats, then you will need 1 for each system.
This is an interesting point I hadn't thought about before.... For my RCS RS485 stats, I could use 1 XSP for all 8 of them but if I go with a subpanel configuration with wiring closets on each floor it might be better to use a couple of XSP units and wire the stats to the nearest one. Could save a lot of wiring that way!

If they are completely independent systems with their own stats, then you will need 1 for each system.

Not true. As long as you install them on the same 485 bus, only one serial expander is needed. The are some limitations on how many tstats you can install per serial expander but it's pretty liberal (also depends on what type of tstat).

In the local demo house here for the NTHAUG, the house has 3 independent air handlers, 10 RCS thermostats, and it's all on one serial expander.

Back