Schematic of DSA-10 Needed

BraveSirRobbin

I am in need of the schematic of X-10's wireless security module DSA-10. Does anyone know where I could get one (multiple Internet searches came up empty for me)? (Don't want to have to trace out the PC board if I don't have to).

Maybe just point me in the right direction of where to look?

Thanks,

BSR

don't want to nitpick, but the reason you might not find much is because the model # is DS10A ;)

hehe, I really got to get off the caffeine!!

(Actually it's my eyes are giving out on me and I am still in the denial phase from wearing bi-focals ;) )

justonemore said:
I just tried finding it. Man that baby is elusive!
I know it, I even had some seasoned long time X-10 veterans try to find that one with no luck. I really gave it the old college try before I gave up! :(

OK, I'll have to take one apart and check it out.

A new mini-project triggered this. My son wanted one of those safety toggle switches to control his bedroom light (the kind where you need to flip up the guard to turn it on).

I grabbed the switch and a little project box from Rat Shack and connected a DS10A. The cool thing is that when connected properly, the switch LED comes on. The bad thing is that this will drain the batteries quickly. I wanted to add a separate power supply for the LED.

TonyNo said:
OK, I'll have to take one apart and check it out.

A new mini-project triggered this. My son wanted one of those safety toggle switches to control his bedroom light (the kind where you need to flip up the guard to turn it on).

I grabbed the switch and a little project box from Rat Shack and connected a DS10A. The cool thing is that when connected properly, the switch LED comes on. The bad thing is that this will drain the batteries quickly. I wanted to add a separate power supply for the LED.
Not following you Tony. Been a while since I played around with one, but I thought that no matter how you connected the wires together (via magnetic contact or external switch) the LED would only be on momentarily (i.e. not a static "on" condition).

If you found another way to have this "broadcast" on all the time with a switch let me know as that was one of the features I was trying to "hack" into this.

Thanks,

BSR

Is anyone still searching for a schematic of the DS10A Window / Door Sensor? I'm a retired circuit design engineer with too much time on my hands. I use several of these in my home automation and have repaired a few over the past 20 years. So, I decided to reverse engineer the DS10A. I'm getting very close to finalizing the schematic. I have found data sheets for most of the components. I will not be able to provide the software used by the 8 bit microprocessor. Once I have finalized the schematic, I will post it as a pdf file for those that wish to download it. My goal is to be 100% accurate, however, I would appreciate the reporting of any errors that are detected.

Here is the reverse engineered schematic of my DS10A. As more information becomes available, I will provide updates.

Attachments

• DS10A Schmatic.pdf
    27 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Adtranz for this information and welcome to Cocoontech!

I'm sure your talents could be used by our forum members for some of their customized projects! Glad to have you join us!

BSR

Back