Sensor selection

N49atv

Ok I'm looking for a little help with some ordering. Most of my OPII is in, and I'm going to start install. And of course, my truck and garage got hit last night. So the wife has a fire under my ass. The external sensors will be wireless, because it's all pre finished, and I think it's going to be a pain to try and fish.

I have very large gaps on my windows, between the window and frame. They have 2 seals and an air space. It's tough to get a picture of

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390437072.381890.jpg

I'm not sure if a recessed large gap sensor would work. I could almost mount a surface in there. But it's also in the cold space.

Then there is my front door.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390437146.251635.jpg

I was hoping to use Ion mica contacts (HAI connectivity) because I already have an HAI wireless receiver (for key fobs). But I have no issue ordering a GE aswell.

Either way, I can't install a plunger on the hinge side of the door due to glass. So what's the best option? Mag on top? Plunger on top (I would think rolling of ball/plunger is bad).

Thanks

Plungers are only for the butt side of a door, they should not be used anywhere else, including windows (everywhere).

The variable for the windows can be great, but I would attempt to keep as much within the conditioned space as possible. GE would give you a greater variety to choose from, as HAI is OEM'd by secure wireless (3rd party vendor).

The windows are going to be the tough one, because concealed will not be possible without drilling someway shape or form.

I'm not concerned with drilling. The window guy came up today from Edmonton, and said as long as its not on the seam where the glass is its fine. But if water gets in via the hole, and some freeze/crack occurs its on me. He said he went surface mount and put them on the screens. (as screens are inside, due to window hinge out). I was hoping for a cleaner look.

Personally, if aesthetics are important, then I'd run a wired surface contact, seal the bubkis out of it with silicone and then wire to a transmitter.

Back