Show Off Your Home Touch Screen Interface - 2013 Edition

Very nice screens, Jon. Attractive and intuitive. Nice job! I just wish you did them in HSTouch so I could use them.

Kevin

Kevin,

I am moving towards very basic few button screens with HSTouch and I've noticed that my wife is actually starting to utilize them. 

Right now she will not touch my HSTouch screens (she is afraid) but would prefer to use the Omnitouch screens. 

In the master bedroom nightstand tablet I created a simple 6 button screen and she is using it.  I am pushing it a bit with an "in your face" approach with multiple touchscreens in the bedroom/master bathroom.  It seems to be working.

Jon,

Very nice screens!

I am using the same TP-link POE adapters for my little "do all tablets" (have 5 of them set up in this manner). 

I did also did get a "deal" a couple of years ago on a similar arm based in wall do all arm9 based resistive touch (CU5200) screens that you utilize.  $41 but it was going for $250 or so.

http://cubloc.com/product/06_02.php

These are running CE right now though and I have them configured with HSTouch right now.  I am using them with the same TP-Link POE splitter/adapter.

Attachments

• prod_im12_win151.gif
    prod_im12_win151.gif
    57.7 KB · Views: 80
Hi, Pete.

Haven't installed any touchscreens yet, but have three of the new HS capacitive screens. Have the default project running on one of the but haven't tried to customize. A bit gun shy, plus after working on the computer all day at work, I'm too tired at night.

Kevin

I'm really bad at doing my HSTouch screens making them functional for me and way over complicated for my wife. 

She really is a bit afraid of them.

That said I have tried a simple screen in the master bedroom kind of emulating her legacy 1970's LED alarm clock.  Just has one clock on it in big letters and 3 buttons on it.  One shuts off the screen (even though its remote controlled), one turns on the bedroom lights and another shutting off the bedroom lights; even a single toggle button didn't work with her (but she has learned to double and single tap the UPB switches and learned the multitoggle UPS switches that I have installed).. 

Here's mine. "Acquired" some of the graphics from Deviantart and other sources. Using Demopad for the remote control software. Hardware includes MicasaVerde VeraLite, iTach Wifi, SQBlaster, BlueIris DVR. iPad wall mount is made by iPort.

8562974040_ac2834fe32.jpg

8562981788_93b57c305a.jpg

8561874281_36afe14028.jpg

8562982356_da6974de45.jpg

8562982852_e598933c75.jpg

8561875237_aaac641885.jpg

8561875443_fe2bdf632f.jpg

8561876431_f18fff8391.jpg

Hey all,
New in town, but here's the interface for my system (hardware and software are mostly custom, app built in Unity):
9039651394672030159.png

It's running on old phones (both our portable ones and a couple scattered around the house for easy access). The touch points on the floorplan expand the options for the rooms.

Here using embedded wintel on a few touchscreens and a bit in to clocks. 

That said found some to use with my embedded XPe touchscreens which look nice.

vector.jpg

Search Vector Clock images on Google.

Playing a bit with Homeseer 3 Touchscreen designer these days.  I am not really good at this stuff (coordinating colors and what-have-you).

The attached is picture which is three layers of automation stuff. 

Hardware is: Atom Z520 / 512Mb RAM / Intel GMA500 with H.264 playback / 800X480 capacitance (7in Sharp LQ070Y3LG4A) touchscreen.

One layer is HD streaming (which works with live TV stuff too).

I like the vector gl based graphics and OpenGL.  I have read good and bad about this stuff.

HSTouch3.jpg

BraveSirRobbin said:
I'll try to get the ball rolling here.  (These screen shots are all scaled down to 800 x 600 resolution).

Using older HomeSeer version 1.7 and displaying screens via older MainLobby (I've got to upgrade one of these days.

Hardware is shown in my blog and consists of Elk M1, Ocelot, 10-bit serial analog to digital interface board, Davis weather station (using Virtual Weather to display icons), plus some other humidity, barometer,  and rain gauge tipping bucket external sensors.

I really haven't changed designs/software in a long time as this has just worked for me and runs on my older computers.

attachicon.gif
screen1.jpg  
attachicon.gif
screen2.jpg  

attachicon.gif
screen3.jpg 
attachicon.gif
screen4.jpg  

attachicon.gif
screen5.jpg  
attachicon.gif
screen6.jpg

attachicon.gif
screen7.jpg
so good

Here's the GUI we came up with. These screens are from HTML5 version that is running off a Node.js backend. 

Music.jpg

Home.jpg

Security.jpg

MusicBrowse.jpg

Those are beautiful screens, JoshFerg. I'd love to know more about your system as a whole and the technology and architecture behind your interfaces.

Thanks Roussell, here's a little more info on the system:

The project started as me trying to put a better interface on my personal HAI/Leviton system. I had used CQC, Proximas, HAI's Automation Studio and others over the past 8 years. They were all good, but I kept running into roadblocks. A few of the challenges I couldn't overcome was browsing music on my Nuvo server, streaming cameras to all devices (web, iOS, android), and creating new logical groups of devices that tracked status. I also wanted to add support for other devices that were not in the Leviton eco-system.

After a while I decided that using Leviton as the main hub wouldn't work, and I needed my software to be the hub. This made me create a driver system. With separate drivers for Leviton, Nuvo, Lutron, TED, RTSP camera feeds, Plex, and others I had a lot more control over how each was displayed and managed. 

The heart of my system is a Linux Server that works both as my home control server and my media server. It's doing multiple streams of music and movies along with serving up the web interface. 

Anyways, there's a quick overview of what I'm running. I'd be happy to go into more detail if you are interested. I also scaled this interface to run on tablets and phones as well. 

Back