Small helicopter or plane for inside flying?

jwilson56

I am looking for any recommendations for those small helicopters or planes that you can fly inside (at a decent price).

John

I got a xmas present from people at work. It's an X-UFO made by SilverLit. Do a google search and see if you can find anything.

I picked up a small "palm sized" Helli at Target made by AirHogs... It is a blast to fly around the house. Not real sophisticated, but for $29.99 it's worth every penny.

I recently saw a TV commercial for a nifty little helo from air-hogs . . went for about $70 . . but it seemed quite advanced . . twin rotors (to negate the need for a tail rotor) and twin thruster motors to provide full lateral control (forward, reverse, left, right) . .

. . a quick google and it looks like it's called the Reflex . .

. . no personal experience, just looked good . .

Pete C

I have two heli's from Radio Shack. A Picco Z $(39) and a Blade Runner ($59). The Picco Z fits in my palm and the other has about a 12" rotor diameter. They are both fun, but neither is as controllable as one would hope.

Picco Z

Blade Runner

I got a Picco Z from RadioShack too. It's fun to annoy the dog and cat.
I can trim it so it doesn't spin on it's own lateral axis but I'll darned if I can make it fly where I want to w/o dropping from the sky.
Haven't tried it in a while but I think you're supposed to be able to make it go foward with a little right stick. When I try that, down she goes.

My next toy like this will probably be that dragonfly from WoWee.

TonyNo said:
I have two heli's from Radio Shack. A Picco Z $(39) and a Blade Runner ($59). The Picco Z fits in my palm and the
The Picco Z is identical to the AirHog from Target...just $10 cheaper at Target.

jay said:
I can trim it so it doesn't spin on it's own lateral axis but I'll darned if I can make it fly where I want to w/o dropping from the sky.
Looking from the rear,twist (carefully) the tail rotor clockwise slightly and try sticking a couple of the aluminum weights on the lower portion of the nose. That should give you some forward motion.....

Somebody used to sell a helium blimp. That would be my idea. No worries about up or down unless you pointed it up or down.

Gemini said:
jay said:
Looking from the rear,twist (carefully) the tail rotor clockwise slightly and try sticking a couple of the aluminum weights on the lower portion of the nose. That should give you some forward motion.....
Thanks Gemini.
I thought the twisting was to counteract bad trim and the weights were to make it fly faster.

I'll try both ;)

Back