Software and PDF Repository

Such a shame that they refuse to share this data. I've tried so many times to get my hands on this, but they just stop responding. Don't know what concerns they may have, but they completely ghost me whenever I ask them questions about this.

I did manage to crawl the site last November (includes many PDFs and other docs), but I'm not sure how complete it is.

I'll give you what I downloaded a few months back. Its around 566Mb zipped.

HAI Web
Pete,
There is some interesting stuff in there. One of them is a jpeg showing how to properly connect an HAI tstat to a TACO zone heating controller used for radiant heat systems. I wrecked a couple tstats before figuring out the same thing HAI documented. Of course, never could find any documentation on this when I needed it in 2004.....
Don

Along with the software repository, it would be nice if there was a way to document/organize a number of things so everyone could find the information.
For example, I've working on a spreadsheet of the 3 different HAI wireless implementations I know of (GE, Linear and HAI). Not just the devices but the meaning of the bits HAI reports on the PC Access status screen, cross-referencing the GE/Caddx/ITI/UTC/Resolution/Alula part numbers, documenting things HAI failed to implement in the wireless such as tamper and cover. This is a real problem with GE wireless smokes as HAI instantly goes into fire alarm when the smokes are taken down to replace the battery. The correct response is the HAI should report "cover" or "tamper".
Another item of great use is the note someone posted a few months back about how to recover the installer password from the static ram. This is even more important now that Leviton is no longer factory resetting boards.
I think people like @RobinsonNi could help with repair tips on some parts that he is working on.
Other things are somewhat known but not well documented. The 2 different temperature sensor hardware types. Why some don't work on the ProII expansion panels, etc. The fact that high and low temp alarm settings are forgotten when ever the panel is unplugged and the battery is disconnected or when the panel goes into reset. This is a problem for vacation homes as temperature monitoring is very important in the winter.
Another not well documented issue is when the system time gets reset, all time related programming breaks. For example, the weekly call out to the monitoring service to provide the test signal quits happening as the system doesn't know the date so it never knows when to send the test signal.
Another item is firmware images. A number of us have eprom programmers so we can update our systems. I don't know if its widely known there is a 4.0 chip for the OmniLT. I sent an OmniLT in for repair shortly before they stopped repairing them. It came back with a 4.0 chip (hand written label). The OmniLT is a surprisingly capable board. With its expansion board it supports more hardware zones and outputs than the replacement OmniLTe. 24 in 10 out vs. 16 in and 8 out for the LTe.
Another item, the info on 3D printing the stands for the touchscreens. I had a standard console recessed mount 3D printed for me but have not been able to get the specs used to create it...
I'm sure there are lots of items out there known by others.
Mostly throwing this out to spark some discussion.
Don

Last edited:
Unrelated to OP....

Noticed tonight that my OmniTouch Pro software is booting up much slower now. Testing OmniTouch Pro set up and noticed that I cannot download updates or languages or screen sizes; IE: servers have been shut down.

That said my Omnitouch screens work fine connecting to my OP2 panel.

If you create a firewall rule to reject (not deny) any outbound traffic to their servers, it may boot at normal speeds again.

Last edited:
Thank you @electron.

Off the main OP....

So doing a granular watch. Noticing the slow down and error only occurs when trying to change the screen size with the setup mode. All of the configured and running (15) OmniTouchscreens are configured for a 800 X 480 screen. I was able to replicate one licensed version to 15 touchscreens. They all show the same license which works for me.

I have OmniTouchPro configured with only the pieces needed to run on PlayOnLinux on my Ubuntu Laptop. Looked at all of the configuration files and do not see any DNS or IP's from the Internet. Next using a hex editor to have a look see at the DLLs and or EXE files.

What is good is that I can use the HAI touchscreen designer to change any of these configurations running in embedded XP or the PlayonLinux Omnitouch application. I have Ubuntu 20.04 running on a few of the tabletop screens using an EFI boot bios which will let me run PlayOnLinux and customized Seabios devices which will let me run windows touch tablet.

Got it...needed to re-register the instance.

Did it in dos...

Code:
OmniTouchPro_CE.exe /setup

This part shows an error when trying to update (have not figured out IP address).
It does show the registered serial number. I just have to put in the IP of the controller and keys (again).
It then loads my touchscreen as configured by the designer.

It must resave the configuration without the use of the HAI internet IPs.

Joggler-1.jpg

I run this application via a Homeseer Touch button and put an exit button on the OmniProTouch screen to return to Homeseer touch.

If I run the Omnitouch PE executible it runs fine with my design except that it is larger than my screen 800 X 480.

Code:
OmniTouchPro_10Pe.exe

Joggler-2.jpg

Will need to revisit each of my touchscreens....not an issue.

Last edited:
Back