Solar Radiation sensor problem

jweedon

Hi, I have just purchased a Solar Radiation Sensor to run on my existing 1 wire network. I am quite new to all of this so please excuse any obvious ignorance in the following!

I use an HW Group Poseidon 1250 as the 1 wire master and have a range of temp sensors from the HW-Group and an AAG Humidity sensor are all working properly. However, I am unable to get good data from my Hobby-boards Solar Radiation sensor out of the 1250.

The 1250 sees the sensor on the network and is getting a value. However the value starts off at 100 (full scale as it thinks its a humidity sensor) and then drops to zero after a few minutes. Just prior to the steady state zero it toggles between 100 and 0 a few times.

The behaviour is totally predictable and seems to repeat if I take the sensor off the network (which I am assuming is performing a reset of some kind). Once disconnected, the 1250 returns a value of -9999 which is the value it returns when its unable to contact a sensor.

I have tried running the sensor in both parasite and powered mode, to no avail. I have run it as the only sensor on a very short network with the same results.

My first port of call was to check the DS2438 chip works with the Poseidon 1250. The HW Group say it doesnt, but I I believe the AAG humidity sensor uses the same DS2438 chip and that works OK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Back