Something is not right with my ELK M1

Here is an update. I can arm it via RP2 software but not via the keypad until I open a door with sensor. Scratching head!

The battery is an easily sourced item...I want to say off the top of my head, something like a CR2032, but that's a very common battery for me.

Firmware is generally an as-needed, but in the case of non-sunset (Caddx RF) installs, there's additional fixes besides the bulleted points usually. The bulleted ones are usually the ones that are high level fixes. A very easy affair to put into the panel, especially when RP got to the 2.X revisions.

That said, I want to say my first M1 was around '05-06 and then the first EZ8's I did were around '08......hell I remember when there was the M1G and the M1 before the EZ8 even existed, the single keypad offering, with Elk dropping the mid line M1 panel later.

Also, even if I send the checked items to the system and saved it, the next time I connect to my M1 via RP2 will show this screen again.

Is there an incompatibility with my old firmware and latest RP2 software?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 6.29.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 6.29.35 PM.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 11
v1rtu0s1ty said:
Also, even if I send the checked items to the system and saved it, the next time I connect to my M1 via RP2 will show this screen again.

Had same problem with Rules and text showing conflict, and FW upgrade fixed it (have most recent RP version as well). But no idea if it will address your original problem.

I will be upgrading my fw very soon. I just finished extracting the file under Updates directory. Not sure if I should also update the keypad firmware.

It's upgraded now. However, the issue is still there. Actually, I'm able to arm it even without opening a door with sensor. However, I have to press ARM STAY 3 times before it will arm. Was there anything that I've accidentally modified? However, after disarming, I only have to press ARM STAY once and it will get armed.

Looks like this weird behavior happens right after I activate a task.

v1rtu0s1ty said:

This will always happen if you have notes or disabled rules - because those aren't sent to the panel and therefore they're always different on the local copy.

It should always be safe to send to the panel for rules/text since those shouldn't change outside of RP anyway.

Replace the battery yet?

Is the turning clock running in the display when you attempt the arming or other item?

Any changes (inadvertently) in scroll arming?

DELInstallation,

I haven't replaced the battery yet. What I did is upgraded the firmware and it didn't help. I will buy it later. The battery is on the M1G device right?

The turning clock in display still continues even if I press the ARM STAY button. It just beeps when I press it. Same thing happens when I successfully arm it. It still rotates the datetime and AREA 1 every 2 seconds.

Work2Play said:
This will always happen if you have notes or disabled rules - because those aren't sent to the panel and therefore they're always different on the local copy.

It should always be safe to send to the panel for rules/text since those shouldn't change outside of RP anyway.

Yup, after I deleted all the disabled rules last night, it fixed it.

The battery is a stretch, but it was something that happened to me with an account, so it's a cheap fix/trial and won't hurt a thing.

Maybe a rule/task/timer is causing the board to lock up.

By the way, I was in the basement for almost 30 mins now trying to document all the connects. I should have bought an enclosure back in 2006. What I did is a total mess. I've been taking videos too to make sure I'll get the connections right when I return them.

Back