Something is not right with my ELK M1

Btw, I have a CR 2025 here. They're the same size, it's also 3v. Someone on the internet say it has lower amp. It's brand new.

I also measured the CR2032 that came from M1G using my multitestmeter. It's showing as 3.17. Looks like it's still good.

I've restored everything back. Nothing improved. I still had to press ARM STAY 3 times, sometimes 4. After it's been armed, it goes fine.

Lithium batteries will always meter fine even when they are not, unless something is blatently drawing them down or they're stone dead.

Unless you can put a load test on the battery and meter while that is happening, you can never assume they're OK even if they provide the advertised voltage under no load. 

Any data errors stacking up on the bus? Keypad possibly failing?

I have another CR2032 that wife found. The reading was 0.03. I'll still buy later.

I don't see any issues on the keypad nor on the log via RP. The only weirdness is that I have to press ARM STAY multiple times before it will work. It was not like this before.

Also, I remember re-enrolling something 2 or 3 years ago via the keypad. Do you think I should it? I forgot what it does but I think it's safe. What do you think?

You can re-enroll, it's not going to hurt.

Possibly disable all the rules and see if that solves the issue.

Maybe build a dummy panel in RP and see if the issue still persists

You know what, looks like the battery is the culprit. Here is what I did. I kept pressing ARM STAY(usually the third time) and it arms. Then I disarm it again, arm, disarm, arm, disarm, arm, disarm without any issues. Each pressing was about 5 second interval only.

I didn't touch the keypad for 5 mins. The issue appears again. I called up wifey to buy me a new CR2032 battery. Hopefully this is the culprit.

Anyways, want to share something with you guys while I'm waiting for the new battery. It's my lawn renovation project :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvugjx7tnkU

DELInstallations said:
You can re-enroll, it's not going to hurt.

Possibly disable all the rules and see if that solves the issue.

Maybe build a dummy panel in RP and see if the issue still persists

I disabled all the rules and it still didn't solve the problem. I still didn't get a chance to buy a CR2032 battery.

I also contacted ELK. They told me to uncheck ACCESS under the user. I tried and it still didn't help. I forgot to mention they told me that the battery is only used for the date/time.

I agree on disabling all rules - if that doesn't do it, lay in a clean load and see how it acts, then adjust as necessary.  I'd guess you have something going nuts in there...

Have you checked for Data Bus errors?  It's in the documentation - you can watch the counter to see if they're going nuts counting up... that could also cause problems like this.

Is it possible that the keypad itself is bad and the ARM key is flaky?  If you have a second keypad, do they both exhibit this behavior?

Sorry, I forgot to update this thread. I contacted Elk and the support figured out the problem. There was a checkbox that was supposed to be unchecked and became checked after a firmware upgrade. That's what I remember. Anyways, it's fixed. Sorry for the delay. :)

Back