Special Brultech ECM-1220.H offer to cocoontech members.

It looks like things have been a little quiet here.

Any sucess stories, likes, dislikes?

Brian

I have had it connected and displaying results via CQC for about 3 weeks now. I have been very satisfied with the results so far. Watching real time wattage use really does make you more aware of the lights that are left on. My wife gives it 2 thumbs up. As far as reviews go that is all you need to know!
robolo

Homeseer support.

In case anyone is wondering, Blade is nearly done with a plugin that works great with this unit. I've been testing it for a week now, and there are few things to wrap up before it's ready for everyone else to use.

Any update available on this project?

Features?

Cost?

Thanks!
Brian

I've been told several times they can support my 600 amp service, but my emails are typically not replied to. My last email about two weeks ago I asked how to get a system put together for purchase, never got a response.

Brian

I've been told several times they can support my 600 amp service, but my emails are typically not replied to. My last email about two weeks ago I asked how to get a system put together for purchase, never got a response.

Brian

Brian,

I'm very sorry, somehow I skipped your latest email. I have responded directly to your email address.

Paul

Btechrep:

Are yor own CT's available in a UL labelled version yet?

If not can you please recommend a specific model from Magnelabs that is and will work for a new construction 200A service? Would the SCT-0750-200 work? Does that come with a plug for the Brultech unit?

THe main panel is installed in my house, put the power is not on yet. I hope to get the electrician to put the CT's in before the power get's turned on. From what i understand he can install them and run the cables to the outside of the panel and i'll plug them into the unit later right? I want to have UL listed CT's so that there's no argument with the electrician.

On a side note. My Electrician is proposing a whole house surge supressor that sits on a set of breakers from the panel. I was expecting the surge protector to be 'inline' and 'upstream' of the main breaker. Is the way the electrican is proposing a normal way to do this?

We are expecting our UL "E" number any day now, however, it may be another month before we get the UL labeled versions.

Magnelab CTs are compatible with our units and yes the SCT-0750-200 is the proper model for the SPLIT-200 substitute. If this is a new installation (panel), you may be better off with magnelab's UCT-1000-200 donut type CT since it is lower cost and higher accuracy. The disadvatage is that the line wire needs to be threaded through the middle of the CT which may be done when the panel is installed.

As for the surge suppressor, I don't know much about them so maybe someone else may know.

Paul

Paul,

I am preparing to replace my entire electrical service hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks. Since it will be a new 200 amp service, I gather that you would recommend the donut type CT instead of the one in the kit, is this correct?

Are the magnelab UCT-1000-200 donut type CTs of the same accuracy and quality as the ones you plan to provide?

If your UL listed CTs are not available yet, can you provide the magnelab UCT-1000-200 donut type CT with the package, or if I buy them seperately, will there be an adjustment on the cost for purchasing the kit without the CTs?

Would it be ok to contact your business by phone during the day for questions or purchase of a kit?

Thanks for all your support on this board.

Brian

Well, i had a look at the sevice panel in my house under construction yesterday and there is LOADS of room above the main breaker to put the CT's on. So my plan is to wait untill the ethernet version comes out and then install myself, I'll be sure to turn the main breaker of and be super carefull, but the amount of space is enourmous so i feel quite conforable that i wont be touching any hot parts.

How do i get the CT wires out of the panel, do i just use a strain relief just like the electrican uses for the romex?

Hi guys,

I have the ECM 1220H installed way down her ein little old New Zealand. So far the device operates very well, and installation was very easy.

A couple of questions though:

1. My Windows XP Pro SP3 Pentium 4 2.4Ghz PC with 1G of RAM (its my HA server) is running at 100% CPU load when running the RTL software. This is confimed in Task Manager - Is this normal? This seems a lot of CPU resource for a Real Time monitoring app....
2. The strip graph is a nice feature, but it seems to be buggy, and prone to lockups. Does anyone else experience this?
3. I have upgraded to the latest USB and software versions as available on the Brultech site, but I can't help feeling that a really nice peice of hardware is let down by some average software. Has anyone developed there own app for monitoring the ECM 1220H unit? I would like to see the strip graph put in the place of the Listing Window, or at least have the option to do this. If this was possible, a user could view all of the required data easily and see the trend graph.

Cheers guys,
Andrew

It shouldn't use 100% cpu, that's for sure. However, I agree, the software isn't perfect. That said, Brultech is aware of this, and are working hard to come up with a solution (if they insisted that their software was awesome, then I would be worried). If you install the Residential TCP server, you can create your own application. I am using an extremely simple script, and the RRD Tool libraries/software to generate the following page (ignore the last row please):

http://marstracker.com/ecm/

I'll be posting more details in the review, and if there is enough interest, I'll even show how to do this yourself.

Those graphs are awesome, dan. I take it that it's a static data snapshot, right?

I know the CQC people will be interested in that stuff, as there are no graphing widgets in CQC yet, but those are exactly the kind of graphs I know I want. If I can at least put them in a web window widget, then maybe that'll suffice.

It's a snapshot that is generated every 1 second (so you might see some weird artifacts if you are loading while it is generating the image) using real time data. RRDtool is basically a database designed to store this kind of data. It runs on linux right now, but I am pretty sure there is a Windows port as well. If there is enough interest, I'll try to set it up on one of my Windows based servers, so you can replicate this.

Well, I'm interested...but *sigh* it would be just another project I don't have time to get into. I'd be happy if the know-how was documented on these forums at some point, though.

Back