Still having problems with ELK M1 and rc80b thermostats

Have you tried interleaving the THENs within your M1 rules -- send first to Tstat1, then to Tstat2, then Tstat1, . . .

Yes, I have had it setup that way for about a year and it definitely made an improvement, but it's still only about 75% reliable, if that.

Have you tried interleaving the THENs within your M1 rules -- send first to Tstat1, then to Tstat2, then Tstat1, . . .

Maybe you need even more time, perhaps two or more blocks separated by a counter. Something like

WHENEVER HVAC EconomyMode (Task 4) IS ACTIVATED
THEN SET EconStep (Counter 1(or some other unused counter)) TO 10 (or some other appropriate value)

WHENEVER EconStep (Counter 1(or some other unused counter)) IS EQUAL TO 10 (or some other appropriate value)
THEN SET Downstairs (Tstat 1) HEATING DESIRED TEMP TO 68 DEG. F

WHENEVER EconStep (Counter 1(or some other unused counter)) IS EQUAL TO 8 (or some other appropriate value)
THEN SET Upstairs (Tstat 2) HEATING DESIRED TEMP TO 68 DEG. F

WHENEVER EconStep (Counter 1(or some other unused counter)) IS EQUAL TO 6 (or some other appropriate value)
THEN SET Downstairs (Tstat 1) COOLING DESIRED TEMP TO 88 DEG. F

WHENEVER EconStep (Counter 1(or some other unused counter)) IS EQUAL TO 4 (or some other appropriate value)
THEN SET Upstairs (Tstat 2) COOLING DESIRED TEMP TO 88 DEG. F

WHENEVER EconStep (Counter 1(or some other unused counter)) IS EQUAL TO 2 (or some other appropriate value)
THEN SET Downstairs (Tstat 1) TO AUTO

WHENEVER EconStep (Counter 1(or some other unused counter)) IS EQUAL TO 0 (or some other appropriate value)
THEN SET Upstairs (Tstat 2) TO AUTO

This suggests a rule preprocessor to automate templates for these things. If you choose to try this, Please do let me know how it goes; because, I'm going to need to do similar things soon.

Back