Tangible Difference CQC vs Homeseer for average DIY

Personally thinking it is related to the use of Wintel (overhead) and a GPU built in to the motherboard on your laptop computer.

I have tested Windows 10 versus Windows 2016 server. 

Windows 2016 is fast, dedicated and thin compared to Windows 10 which is a nice desktop GUI and not meant to run as a server.

Tinkering here a bit with a new MSI Skylake dedicated and modular gaming laptop using a Skylake i7 with a maximum of 32Gb of RAM.

This laptop has an upgradable GPU external board mounted on the laptop motherboard.

A dedicated NVR typically runs on embedded Linux and the NVR program is the OS.  No overhead.

That said my ZM box runs best with fastest CPU, fast SSD hard drive and most memory.

wkearney99 said:
Good, fast, cheap... pick two.  It's the age-old rule for, well, everything.  

The myth is "need" to monitor any significant quantity of cameras.  Motion sensing and proper camera field of view work wonders for reducing wasted effort.  Likewise "decent" detail.  You have to ask just what is it you think you'll gain by having higher resolutions?  Because by the time you spend enough money and dedicated enough resources you'll find, much like family slideshows of old, the video never gets used.

There's a significant risk of getting caught up in wanting 'everything' and ending up with a whole lot of disparate stuff that never really gets one WAF-approved function down pat.

But at this point I'd venture the thread is probably wandering far beyond the CQC/HS topic.  Perhaps time to start a camera/BI specific one and let the conversation pick up from there?

Yes there is a Blue Iris specific thread from August that would be better than hijacking this one. I'll use that.

Back