Text Stuck on Keypad Screen

Squiddy

I set up a rule to display one of my texts (Garage is xºC) every 10 seconds. I can't remember if I had "allow user to clear message with '*'" checked because I already deleted the rule.

The problem I am having is that the text will not go away on the keypad. If I did have the "allow user to clear message with '*' key" checked, does this mean I will have hundreds if not thousands of messages to clear from the keypad now? Is there a way I can clear them all? Maybe there is something wrong with writing a rule like this? Any help would be great. I have deleted all of my texts and deleted the rule that wrote the text to the keypad but I can't get it to go away.

Have you tried to power cycle the system to clear the keypad? Have you tried to arm/Disarm the system? It should change the text to the countdown during the arm/disarm period

If you erased the Rule and did not have the '*' clear active, there was not an active way to clear the text. Power cycle the keypad and it should go away.

I am having the same issue. When I set up a text to display, when I write the rule, it asks how long to deisplay. Why does the text not go away once the amount of time has elapsed??

There was an issue introduced in the last software update that affected the clearing of custom text strings on the keypad. :blink: The issue has been resolved and the fix is in the next software upgrade. :blink:
Betas on that upgrade will be starting Monday (11/24/08). With software release in a couple weeks.

Thanks to the Cocoontech input on this issue we got it fixed, quick!

There was an issue introduced in the last software update that affected the clearing of custom text strings on the keypad. :blink: The issue has been resolved and the fix is in the next software upgrade. :blink:
Betas on that upgrade will be starting Monday (11/24/08). With software release in a couple weeks.

Thanks to the Cocoontech input on this issue we got it fixed, quick!

Thanks guys. Cycled power and all is well. Should have thought of doing this.. :blink:. I guess I won't put that rule back in until the next software comes out. I'm pretty sure I had it only show for a few seconds so I must have been experiencing this bug.

Back