• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Thermostat for a heatpump/dehumidifier

scotsman

I just had installed a Trane/Mitsubishi P-series ducted mini-split (TRUZA0301HA70NA) with a dehumidifier (Envirowise 70V). In order to work with my Nest thermostat my installer also put in a PAC-US444CN-1 thermostat controller interface.

I have been reading that this isn’t the best way to control a variable speed heat pump as the nest is really better with a staged system, and I have found that the behavior of the dehumidifier is erratic (it doesn’t seem to measure humidity very well)

Am I doing the right  thing here or is there a better solution?

I need something that is smart home compatible.

picta

The best thermostat for humidity control that I know of is Omnistat2000 from Leviton, which unfortunately has been discontinued. You may still be able to find it on ebay, at least the wired version. If do not have a communication wire ran into the thermostat location, then you'd need a zigbee version that may be harder to find and it requires a zigbee controller.