ThinkEssentials and Intermatic Z-Wave USB shipping

ChrisWalker

Just FYI, both ThinkEssentials and the new Intermatic Z-Wave USB Stick (PC controller) were released this last week at EHX. This USB stick is very high-quality, and is an awesome addition to the Z-Wave world.

The USB stick supports Windows 2000 and XP, and we have legacy drivers available (although not tested) for Windows 98/ME as well.

The USB sticks and software are in very limited quantities (i.e. supply can't meet immediate demand), but tech-home.com will be receiving the first batch of them in the next week to ship out to pre-order purchasers.

BTW, the Z-Wave PC SDK v1.1 is now in final testing, and will be released in the coming weeks. If you pre-ordered that, you can get your USB stick now (priority based on order time) along with the pre-release SDK, and can then download the release version as soon as it is posted.

Chris

snelson said:
I was at EHX and was able to get a USB Stick. Does anyone know if/when HomeSeer will support it?

It works with HomeSeer 2.1.x versions. It uses a virtual COM port, so it appears as a new COM port #. HS 2.1 supports the version 4 Z-Wave API. Just set the Z-Wave interface to the new COM port.

Back