touch screen

I would like to get some ideas about touch screen, I have upb installation with Homeseer software. I want to have two options, control by computer and control by handheld touch screen? I looked at tablet pcs, they are seems like pretty pricy. I don't need the key board, just a screen.

I would prefer that it run windows, I am open to other options too.

Thanks for your input.

I use a home built solution using a 17" touch screen from Tongya and an alix board using a 4G C/F card running an nlit'd version of windows XP, from memory the cost come AUS$700-800 . The screen has be AC powered but the alix can be power over ethernet. If a keyboard is needed I just use the onscreen keyboard that comes with XP

My use for the screen is to browse the web, access a home wiki, watch tv (streamed from another machine) control my M1G via some custom web pages, though there are some good apps showing up lately I may retire my custom stuff as its not as polished as what is avail now.

Many Homeseer users use Mainlobby as their touchscreen user interface.
You can look into a Touchtronix in wall 12 inch touchscreen.

A UMPC wireless handheld is a popular option. Samsung and TabletKiosk are the two popular brands.

At the lower end, eBay wireless Airpanels with RDP connection to a PC running MainLobby is another popular option.

eBay Fujitsu Tablet PCs (3400 / 3500 models) are low low end options.

MainLobby comes with scenes predesigned to work on all of the above to get you going quick.

Back