Tuner cards: one dual tuner or multiple single tun

Mike

I had previously bought the cheap single tuner hauppauge card electron recommended (the 150 I think it was) for my MCE machine.

I have been considering adding a second tuner so I can record two shows at the same time.

My question: Is there any difference between adding another single tuner card versus replacing the current single tuner with a dual tuner model?

Clearly just adding one is cheaper but I was wondering if there were any issues with such an approach and if it were 'better' to get the dual tuner model. I thought I saw pictures of someones setup with more than one card but figured I would ask.

If you think you might like a 3rd tuner in the near future, get the dual tuner card. The only real concerns are cost and space (how many PCI slots do you have remaining? Are you planning on upgrading?).

Thanks. I hadn't thought about three tuners (I think 2 will be enough for me). After using 2 tivos for many years, I am definitely loving the MCE machine. Only issue has been only one tuner...

Thanks for the feedback.

No, but you could use the free Orb service to do all your streaming. No firewall configuration is required, and you can stream your movies & recordings to any windows based device (PC, PDA, SmartPhone, etc.)

electron said:
No, but you could use the free Orb service to do all your streaming. No firewall configuration is required, and you can stream your movies & recordings to any windows based device (PC, PDA, SmartPhone, etc.)
Hello,
Can someone please provide the weblink to this free ORB service.
Thanks,
Shaurya

electron said:
Hi shaurya, welcome to CocoonTech (or your first post rather :lol:)

http://www.orb.com
Thanks electorn for the warm welcome. I have been reading cocoontech for almost 3 months but never posted. I am a new to homeautomation and learning things at this time. Nothing installed yet but have big plans.

One good thing about cocoontech is that this place gives jist of just about every thing related to what I want to read. I don't have to go to bunch of different forums to read on different topis.

Thanks again.
BTW I do like your name "ELECTORN" It truly shows on this site. "EVERY THING FROM EVERY WHERE IS HERE". Kudos for good work.

electron said:
Thanks for the info. I'll have to try this out.

Back