Ubiquiti AirCam Domes with Omni Pro II and HAI 5.7E

Nifield

Anyone have the aircam domes working with their omni pro ii and being displayed ok on their 5.7e touchscreens?

I was also wondering if there is a way to output the video from these to televisions around the house as well?

I want to setup 3 aircam domes, and one 2n helios door station with ip cam, with my omnipro II. And i would like to be able to access the video from these on all tvs throughout the house, as well as the 5.7e touchscreens and the HAI app on my iphone/android/ipad etc.

Is this possible?

I just don't want to buy the cams and then find out i cant do the above...

already have everything else besides the aircams.

Reilly

I'm not sure if it was your thread or not, but I made an offer last night to someone to PM me if they wanted to test getting an aircam working on their HAI screens; I can give you the URL to plug in and see what happens.

As far as viewing on a TV - not without something to convert it back to a video source; Grandstream makes a product - haven't tested it yet; there may be other ways not involving a computer.

I'm not sure if it was your thread or not, but I made an offer last night to someone to PM me if they wanted to test getting an aircam working on their HAI screens; I can give you the URL to plug in and see what happens.

As far as viewing on a TV - not without something to convert it back to a video source; Grandstream makes a product - haven't tested it yet; there may be other ways not involving a computer.

yea i just dont have any internet setup at the site where the omnipro ii and all the stuff is setup, and wont be for a few months still. would like to get the cameras in soon tho :p. thanks for the offer though...

Well then you're asking for a bit of blind faith anyways... you can be told anything; doesn't mean it'll work when it comes down to it.

Aircam's are <$100. You're asking a lot to get confirmation without any testing; I can offer a test but if you don't have the means (a connection), then your next best bet is to just buy and test one.

If it were me, I'd consider temporary internet access - a datajack or cell card or something.

ok so i've done a bit more research and it looks like if i get a IP DVR with a dvi or any other output that i can wire to a tv this will solve my problem. Anyone have any suggestions for a good IP DVR with dvi out?

It's hard to tell which cameras specifically they support; great concept if it works but I've learned that not all IP cameras are the same - in fact, they're all *very* different it seems; just having an RTSP URL isn't enough; some broadcast UDP, some TCP, some with different codecs, etc.

Your best bet for an IP DVR is probably to roll your own, especially if you want compatibility with different camera makes; it'll be much easier to get wider compatibility with a pc-based NVR. Ubiquiti even offers theirs for free. There is other software, like BlueIris, VitaminD, etc - worth checking out. The PC doesn't need to be a big affair - but h.264 decoding does take some resources; but it should be perfectly doable to come up with your own compact and super reliable PC built for the job.

Back