UPB Links Not triggering automation

Frunple

So I recently moved and just got around to installing my OPII.
I haven't changed any programming other than deleting some unnecessary lines for the new house.
I have some lines that set flags based on UPB links received. None of them are working.
I know the links are being transmitted since I can see them in Upstart.
I know the OPII can send UPB signals and noise levels are basically null so that's not an issue.
Anyone know of a way to verify that the OPII is receiving the links? I tried setting another automation block based on a received link but that didn't work either. Not sure of any other way to know for sure that the links are received.

Sorry I didn't explain. The UPB system attaches to the panel via a serial port on my Elk and I assume that is also true on the OPII. If you put this adapter inline between the PIM and the panel you will see a light flicker whenever there is data on any one of the data lines. Then you can have someone press a light switch and watch the indicator to see if the signal is reaching the serial port adapter at the panel. The light would indicate that a signal left the switch and traveled to the PIM and on to the adapter with the lights which would be attached to the panel. At that point you know that the signal is reaching the panel.

Mike.

I just looked at my system and my PIM has a light on it that I believe flickers when data passes through the device. do you have any lights on your UPB device that is attached to the panel? If yes then have a helper press a UPB switch while watching the light.

Mike.

If you see that the signal is reaching the panel then in the Elk I would remove the lights and re-install them to the panel in order to re-establish the software link. I'm not an OPII user and can't help with that.

Mike.

I vaguely remember a problem with the Elk recognizing when a scene was executed at a UPB switch/device. The Elk could detect the state change of a switch's local load but not detect all of the switching changes caused by a scene link. Did your OPII receive these links in your previous installation? Is it capable of what you are trying to do?

Mike.

Are other UPB functions working from the OPII?  Just not links?

That would rule out problems with the PIM, cabling, etc.

Turns out to be a problem with my SAI PIM. Didn't look into it too much yet but swapped it out with a HAI PIM and it works fine.
I'll check everything out after Xmas.

Back