UPB Problem (won't go into setup mode)

jskibo

I have about 20 UPB switches throughout the house and only had an issue with one on install until today.

One of the upstairs switches doesn't respond at all to local commands (Single rocker). It worked fine only using remote (iPhone of HS interface). Tried putting it into setup and nothing. So being dumb I deleted it from my UPB setup, recycled the breaker and now its powered on, can't turn off locally and of corse since I deleted it, won't turn off remotely either.

Is there a way to force a factory reset that doesn't involve using the paddle switch? Is this switch shot?

Most likely the rocker switch is bad. I've had a few fail. There is no simple way to fix it except to replace the switch.

SAI 1140W.

Damn kids jamped the remote switch paddle down. Pulled the padddle on the remote and replaced and all is well.

Ahhhh that makes sense. I was thinking about suggesting pulling the paddle on the bad switch (didnt know you had a remote) and pressing the tact switch with a toothpick to make sure the paddle wasnt broken.

Not saying UPB devices can never go bad but all mfg's are making good quality UPB devices so you dont see to many problems. The competition between the mfgs helps keep them on their toes about quality.

Glad to hear it worked out well.

Back