Upgrading to HS2.0

First of all your moniker is awfully close to the meaning of my initials: "George Leroy TirebITer". Did you also go to Moore Science High?

GLT, was this a reference to Firesign Theatre?

AutomatedOutlet said:
I'd have to agree with the Ruppster on this one...
HS 2.0 is clearly a new piece of software, and not an update of existing code.

:eek: Wow, Ski taking the side of HomeSeer! :) I just fell over.

Actually I agree with you on this point though.
AND he agreed with Rupp as well. [Harry Caray Voice] Holy Cow!![/Harry Caray Voice] :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman1
Questionable license practice issues.

Quote:
Rick Tinker
This is the first I am hearing of this. I don't know of anybody who has contacted us with a licensing issue that has told us the practice is "questionable". On the contrary, we have adopted a licensing practice that protects our software, and we are very pleased with how well it is working so far.
End Quote:

I guess Rick didn't read that thread with all the complaints about the new licensing issues that somehow got deleted.......

:(

John

John, there were only 120 posts in that thread when it was deleted. That wasn't significant. :(

And I still haven't seen where they have disclosed what their licensing policies, methods & technologies are. Or Rich's conflicting answers on if internet connectivity is or is not now required for registrations.

JeffCharger said:
First of all your moniker is awfully close to the meaning of my initials: "George Leroy TirebITer". Did you also go to Moore Science High?

GLT, was this a reference to Firesign Theatre?
Paraphrased: If I knew that, I'd be home by now.

Gtirebuyer,

(and the required response is)

Shoes for the dead!

And where is that free mule that HS promised me?

GLT

How long does it take for keys to arrive?
It's been almost 24 hours now, and the email said within 1...... ;)

I could not resist any longer (resistance is futile) and purchased my copy of 2.0.
(No comments from the Python gallery :lol:)

I'll be installing it on a new format, with no old events.

Who you calling old??? ;)

Thanks for that information. If they have trouble going back more than 2 years, I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks... :lol:

You would think they would have edited the email to reflect this, and not promise a key within an hour.

How long does it take for keys to arrive?
It's been almost 24 hours now, and the email said within 1...... dry.gif

Well, it could be what Smee said or it could be that they are trying to delay the inevitable comments that will be coming after he upgrades ;) :lol: - lol

I had my spamkiller set to allow mail from HST and somehow it still got put in the blocked folder. I plowed thru that and found it. I think it also came from someone I was unfamilair with, maybe worth a look.

Later, Terry (lol on delaying the comments)

Back