W800RF Help

Squintz

Here is what I have

Elk M1G->DataBus Expander->Serial Expander->W800RF --- <-EagleEye Motion

When I connect the W800RF directly to my pc and use the WGL Demo software I get messages as expected. My text input for the elk should be 0600^M^J and 0604^M^J which is how I have it setup. I have a rule to turn on a Z-Wave light.

I set the jumpers to what I think is correct on the Serial Expander. ElkRP recognizes that the Serial Expander exist so communications with the serial expander is good. I have it jumpered to RS232 and the manual says the baud rate does not need to be set.

But for some unknown reason when I trigger the EagleEye motion sensor the Elk event is not firing.
What could the problem be?

It could be that with the eagle eye you don't need to recognize a text string only an x10 code, thats how mine is set up.

On mine I have one on my front porch with this rule:

WHENEVER Front Motion [20 (B4)] IS TURNED ON
THEN TURN Porch [3 (A3)] ON, FADE RATE=0 FOR 3 MINS

B4 is the x10 code the motion detector sends, I have B4 set up in the Lighting section named Front Motion.

So every time my ELK sees B4 coming on it executes the rule.

B4 is the x10 code the motion detector sends, I have B4 set up in the Lighting section named Front Motion.

Is this an RF B4 or a powerline B4?

RF to the W800RF to the M1XSP to the elk

RF to the W800RF to the M1XSP to the elk

How did you add an X10 device as a Zone? I'm confused as to what I need to do before I can setup that Rule.

I think I figured some more stuff out but it's still not working. Here is what I have. Same hardware configuration.

In ElkRP I have my EagleEye setup as 35(C3) under Automation->Lighting with the following paramaters.

Car Motion
Serial Expander*
On/off switch

I have verified that my motion sensor is on C3 using the WGL Demo software. I setup the following Rule

WHENEVER Car Motion [35(C3)] IS TURNED ON
THEN TURN Light[1(A1)]ON, FADE RATE = 0

kccustom told me in the IRC chat to use the M1SDK to see what the elk is doing. I tried it and don't see anything from the W800. I'm not sure how to use the M1SDK so I could be doing something wrong. I have Listeing Enabled and tried COM1 Com2 Com3 and 1 2 3 and non of those saw data.

Squintz,
In your rule you're turning A1 on. Do you have a PSC05 X-10 interface module connected to the M1's J5 (X-10) connector?

Squintz,
In your rule you're turning A1 on. Do you have a PSC05 X-10 interface module connected to the M1's J5 (X-10) connector?

I have a Elk Zwave interface which works with A1. I know that the Z-Wave module is working because I have a rule that turns that light on when a hardwired motion is activated.

Just updated the M1XSP firmware to 1.0.36 with no luck. Still having problems.

I've checked all my jumpers and adresses setting for about the 50th time and all are as the instructions say.

Just updated the M1XSP firmware to 1.0.36 with no luck. Still having problems.

I've checked all my jumpers and adresses setting for about the 50th time and all are as the instructions say.

I'm almost afraid to admit that I got it working. Somehow even though I checked my wiring several times on about the 51st time I noticed that I had A and B (White and Green) swaped on the Serial Expander. Now I have new problems tho which I think will require Tech Support. Somehow I was allowed to overwrite my Z-Wave Modules (M1XZW) firmware with the Serial Expander Firmware (M1XSP). So I need to revert back to the correct firmware.

Big thanks to Brandon from AutomatedOutlet for helping me figure this out last night. And thanks to all of those who responded to this thread.

Back