What would cause an ELK M1XIN to jump addresses?

Installed a new M1G with several expansions, keypads, ZWave interface, etc., and everything has been going great and has been running for a week or two. However, over the weekend one of the input modules jumped its address from 2 to 6 as if the 4 switch were changed; of course the elk started generating an error because of the lost inputs. any time we tried to enroll it would show up as address+4, for example if set to 2 it shows up as 6, set to 3 it shows up as 7, etc. I swapped out with a new input module set to the same address (2) enrolled correctly as address 2 w/o changing any terminators, etc. So a new input module works as expected. We have not tested all of the inputs to see the board actually works correctly other than its address problem, if it does i suppose we could just leave it at address 6 but who knows if it may jump back some day and mess things up again. we have power cycled everything several times, checked all terminators, flipped dips 2 & 4 on-off-on-off many times, changed cables & connectors. Finally we created a new account, stripped the unit down to just this one input board and a keypad and this board still thinks it is +4 from its set address.

Has anyone else had this problem before? what are the chances that a pull-up/down resistor on this input went bad or something (nearly zero i suspect). We have tried to think of all the stupid and obvious things.

does anyone have any ideas what to check/test? the board is only about 2 weeks old, possibly an infant death?

It's just a stuck address bit. Set it at 4 and leave it there. (Or any other address with the four bit set.)

Back