Which Insteon Controller?

When I first got into home automation I had bought a used 2414U which unfortunately died shortly after starting to use it before I really got a good number of Insteon switches and it is now sitting in my parts bin.

Since then I have gone with X10, but I now have about 10 2476D/S Switchlincs in my installation, and am starting to think about going more toward Insteon.

Right now I use a Sheevaplug running Debian Squeeze with Heyu/CM11a for my Home automation system.

Hooked up to the USB hub on the Sheevaplug is:

- A USB-UIRT and Powermids with LIRC for Wifi control of all the A/V devices in the house.

- A USB audio adapter for use with Festival/Flite for Text-To-Speech, and Julius or Pocketsphinx for Voice Recognition, and well as Pianobar to stream Pandora radio throughout the house. (Really interested in the AB8SS instead of Appliance Modules hooked up to powered speakers)

- A w800usb whole house X10 RF antenna system. Thinking about switching to an RFXCOM which can do two frequencies to also interface with various wireless sensors such as Oregon Scientific.

- And of course the CM11A via an FTDI USB adapter.

NOW, What Insteon platform can do all that??

I really like the ISY-99i which looks like it can do 2-way IR, but not text to speech or voice recognition.

I know Indigo with Apple Scripts can do TTS and VR, but I don't have a spare mac laying around for an HA server (only my mac book pro)

Also, It must be X10 compatible.

Back