Will this HAI work on my On-q 1100 HMS?

Ranger Digital

I want to add another console to my 1100 and have the opportunity to get this older, discontinued console. Does anyone know if it will work with my On-Q HMS 1100? I understand than HAI is interchangeable with on-q. Are there any items from HAI that wont work with on-q?

I also want to add an HAI voice module board to my on-q so i can have two way talk with mic and speaker. can i do that? Sorry if this is elementary, I am not a veteran of this,,,,,YET! LOL I hope to someday be able to help others here as it appears to be the best board. My favorite at least.

The HAI and the On-Q are not identical. Although the hardware may be the same, firmware and software is different. The On-Q stuff is a little more limited and not as current as most of the HAI stuff.

If you can find out the specific hardware and firmware versions you have, we can research it for you.

Thanks AO! I just ordered the 1100 last week. It should arrive this week. I assume its the latest, but since I dont have it yet, I can give you any more info.

I did meet with On-Q last week and they do have alot of changes on the way, including getting away from all punch downs and going with rj45 (on lyrix and intercom type items, not HMS) as well as figuring out ways to allow more 3rd party integration.

I dont understand why On-q would continue to let their competition be more versitile and cause marketshare loss for On-Q. I am really sold on On-Q, it look, its usabilty, support etc. My fear is that as we get into more automation we find that is just not up to par.

AO, can you elaborate on the "more limited" comment? thanks!

Thanks AO! I just ordered the 1100 last week. It should arrive this week. I assume its the latest, but since I dont have it yet, I can give you any more info.

I did meet with On-Q last week and they do have alot of changes on the way, including getting away from all punch downs and going with rj45 (on lyrix and intercom type items, not HMS) as well as figuring out ways to allow more 3rd party integration.

I dont understand why On-q would continue to let their competition be more versitile and cause marketshare loss for On-Q. I am really sold on On-Q, it look, its usabilty, support etc. My fear is that as we get into more automation we find that is just not up to par.

AO, can you elaborate on the "more limited" comment? thanks!

Sure. What I mean to say is that the OnQ stuff is made for them by HAI and therefore the HAI direct stuff will adopt changes faster than you will get in the OnQ stuff and also without the OnQ markup.

After HAI releases a new version, OnQ will look at it and decide what features/fixes/etc. they want incorporated and which features they want to pay HAI to incorporate into it. Some features make it and some don't. In any case, they is typically a delay to get them in the OnQ load.

HAI for instance just release version 2.15 this week. It incorporates many enhancements includes tighter Nuvo Grand Concerto integration, etc. 2.14 is the release that included support for Zwave. I would be very surprised if those have yet made it into the OnQ release yet.

martin, ok, i completely understand what your saying. i may reconsider my choices on future projects. however, for the small markets we are in, i imagine on-q will accomplish most of my needs.

sure appreciate your reply!!!

martin, ok, i completely understand what your saying. i may reconsider my choices on future projects. however, for the small markets we are in, i imagine on-q will accomplish most of my needs.

sure appreciate your reply!!!

OnQ and HAI have a symbiotic relationship. Almost all hardware is interchangeable with the following differences... HMS has built in ALC lighting support and comes on a structured wiring enclosure mounting plate. HAI Omni can do ALC lighting only when you add an external ALC interface (made by OnQ) and Omni's come inside an enclsoure or on a universal mounting plate.

And..... It is true that the firware/software is somewhat different. HAI tends to lead the way and OnQ drags behind. However, Firmware upgrades are in the works for the OnQ HMS controllers to bring them up to equal HAI Omni (per OnQ).

Click here for a Blow by Blow comparison. Check our calendar for free webcasts for both products coming up inthe next few days. We only allow 10 viewers per day so sign up early. Free Webcast Schedule - We also offere all these on CD or DVD for $29 to $39 each.

Back