Windows/Door/Motion/Smoke/CO etc sensors purchase

Just finished placing the order with AO, for rest of the sensors purchase. Can't wait to connect them in my new home and put ELK in to PRODUCTION!!!

Steve said:
I hope you ordered the GRI 110-TW - white instead of brown.
:D :( Yes, I did purchase WHITE!

Thanks Steve, for the recomendation.

I did recieve the sensor today and it is amazingly small!!!

-Suresh

surdev said:
Steve said:
I hope you ordered the GRI 110-TW - white instead of brown.
:D :( Yes, I did purchase WHITE!

Thanks Steve, for the recomendation.

I did recieve the sensor today and it is amazingly small!!!

-Suresh
You want the miniature, grab the 505-W.

That's what I'm planning to buy next time. However folks, what is the maximum limit gap between the switch and the magnet before it state changes? It's because, I noticed that my moveable part of the window specifically the face has about 3/16" gap difference with the other part that's fixed.

Yea, the 505's are a bit smaller, but they have leads not terminals. Also the 110T now come with a neodymium magnets at no extra charge, so they will support a larger gap.

Suresh - In case you are wondering, the sheet of 'stickers' that come in the bag can go over the the sensor to cover the terminal screws. Or you may prefer to leave them as is or put a tiny dab of white paint.

Steve said:
Yea, the 505's are a bit smaller, but they have leads not terminals. Also the 110T now come with a neodymium magnets at no extra charge, so they will support a larger gap.

Suresh - In case you are wondering, the sheet of 'stickers' that come in the bag can go over the the sensor to cover the terminal screws. Or you may prefer to leave them as is or put a tiny dab of white paint.
Gotcha, so are you saying that when we order this, you have to specify the magnet type similar to when we want with terminals?

The standard gap on the 505 is 1/2", so you are probably ok with that. You can get the wide gap which goes to 1". I'm guessing when you get the wide gap you just get a stronger magnet like the neodymium. My comment about the 110 was a paper that came with them saying something to the effect of 'now shipping with neodymium magnets', so you don't have to specify the wider gap (which was only 1/4" difference on the 110 anyway). You may want to check with Risk to see if the 505's are still sold separately for standard and wide gap if its important to you.

Steve said:
Hi Steve, I think you read my mind!!! ;)

Thank you!

-Suresh.

Back