Wireless input extension

knctrnl

I know there are boards to extend the inputs and I know there are wireless products but is there any way to have a 16 port input/relay extension extended wireless?

I have a ranch style house that has an addition. The attic has wonderful accessibility through the first part of the house and half of the extension however that ends when it comes to the 2 story portion of the extension.
I cant cable from the first part of the attic to the back. I would rather not have wireless door contacts, smoke alarms and window contacts in the back as I can run cable for all of these to the rear attic. In order to do this I would need at least 10 inputs in the back side of the house?

Is there any product that can accomplish having the input/relay in a remote location with wireless backhaul?
Sorry for my terminology I come from a network background.

The M1 uses a RS485 bus to connect the expansion modules to the main panel.  There are wireless RS485 bridges available, like this one, but I don't know of anyone who has tried one with the M1.  Elk has previously cautioned that messing with the RS485 bus can be problematic, such as trying to use optical extenders. 

The only thing that comes to mind is a product from Linear - they have the XR16 which is a 16 channel receiver which could be coupled with up to four XT4's which are 4 channel transmitters.  

Back