Wireless Intercomm system for warehouse?

Holt

We have a warehouse sized building that will be hosting 6 to 10 different businesses. When a delivery truck arrives, they need a way to contact one of the businesses to tell them there is a delivery.

We basically need an intercomm system that will allow the person with the delivery to contact the particular business. Deliveries for all businesses will go to a signle door.

On the business end, we need a handset which will allow them to communicate to the person at the door. We don't need to tie into the existing phone sytem. We just need a simple way to notify the business and to allow them to communicate.

The client that owns this warehouse said that he didn't need an electronic door strike to allow the business to remotely allow access, but I'm guessing he will change his mind when people start complaining about hoofing it down to the door each time to let them in. So if I could plan ahead for an electronic door strike that would be ideal, but not required.

I would like a wireless system if I could with a range of about 1000-1500 feet. I checked out the place today, and it seems that wiring into the existing phone system (digital phones) and due to the size of this building (the incoming phone lines are at the opposite end of the building so would require a very long run to tap into) it would be a much simpler and cheaper solution to make it wireless. We can get power at the door where the intercomm would be located.
I've found some systems online, but I was just wondering if anyone had some experience or suggestions.

Thanks,

Holt

Wouldn't they not want to just buzz someone in since it is a delivery condition? They will probably want to watch that everything is delivered, nothing is removed and the packing list/invoice matches the delivery. May not apply in this case, but that may be why it didn't come up.

Is there any way to cheat? Maybe turning a doorbell into a door phone (unclear if the wiring would be run to a feasible location though, or if there is even a doorbell, or that the door can be modified).

Too bad there are no phone lines run nearby. I was wondering initially if a cordless phone option might help (Engenius has those ones set for a couple miles, but you don't want to tack a cordless phone outside a door).

Looks like the Anco doorphone that Rupp pointed out is made for this type of situation though (I'm always hesitant on wireless myself).

I would like a wireless system if I could with a range of about 1000-1500 feet. I checked out the place today, and it seems that wiring into the existing phone system (digital phones) and due to the size of this building (the incoming phone lines are at the opposite end of the building so would require a very long run to tap into) it would be a much simpler and cheaper solution to make it wireless. We can get power at the door where the intercomm would be located.
I've found some systems online, but I was just wondering if anyone had some experience or suggestions.

With that kind of range I would install a Wireless Call Box. You can get a range of a mile with these. You can open gates with them too. They communicate with two way radios or base station intercoms so you can have a desk mounted unit or mobile personnel can receive calls from anywhere.

Congratulations, you just managed to associate IntercomsOnline.com with SPAM. Your account has been terminated, but I am leaving this post in tact so search engines will associate IntercomsOnline.com with SPAM (your 9 other posts have been deleted). SPAM doesn't work, it is a waste of time, and has the opposite effect. I strongly recommend for your advertising company (timestenmarketing.com, the domain used when you signed up for an account here, so you could SPAM our nice little community) to change tactics. It looks like IntercomsOnline.com and timestenmarketing.com are owned by the same person (same address).

In case anyone is considering buying from this place, I strongly urge you to reconsider ;)

edit: Looks like http://wirelessintercomsonline.com belongs to this company as well.

Back