Work around the go to stay when no exit

Theres a 99.9999% chance that if you are arming your alarm, you know if you are leaving or not. So if you are leaving, arm away, if you are staying arm stay.

Does that make sense to anyone besides me??

I still dont get why you would be home, and not going to leave, and arm away wanting it to arm stay?????

I think everyone is on the same page now. Spanky can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the auto arm stay feature is a throw back to the armed on premises of the Optex/Morse panel.

I agree with MrGribbage...

Mine is set up so that if there is no motion trip in the house for 30 minutes, then Stay Mode is armed. I figure somebody will move around at least once every thirty minutes. In addition, if 11 hours pass with STILL no motion, then it ratchets things up to Away mode and then arms the interior motions after a 5 minute voice countdown. It's not ideal but it does give peace of mind when and if I forget to arm the system during a trip out of town.

I still dont get why you would be home, and not going to leave, and arm away wanting it to arm stay?????

I don't think anyone would intentionally arm the system to away when they were going to stay, but since they are 2 different buttons on the keypad, I have been known to hit the wrong button when the lights are low or off, in which case the system automatically compensates for my mistake. This is extremely unusual but it has happened. Perhaps it does not happen enough to warrant having the system set up that way, in which case I wouldn't have caused this ruckus. :(

If there is no easy way to do it with a rule (etc.) I'll probably just disable the auto arm stay feature.

Back