X10 PLC hookup M1 Gold -PSC05 install

I would do two things. The F-key can be tricky as it may require a 'double' press. Try turning a light on when a door is open. Second, get an extension/adapter (not power surge type) and make sure your appliance module and PSC05 are plugged into it. This way you know you don't have a signal suck problem. I believe the PSC05 light should blink when a command is given to it.

thanks, I will give that a try...

with NO rj11 inserted, is the red light on the psc05 supposed to be lit/.?

okay good news (and bad news)

I got the psc05 working with the elk. - the problem WAS INDEED a double F key press. Adjusted it in RP software and its OKAY now.

the problem now:

I have an APC backup on the same wall outlet as the PSC05, and apparently its "sucking" the x10 signal. I verified this by REMOVING the power cable from the APC and everything works.

This is strange because I plug in my powerline x10 remote control into the exact same outlet location as the PSC05 and everything works. I guess the PSC05 has a lower signal tolerance than the powerline controller.

I have no where else to plug in the PSC05, so I guess I now need a signal/noise filter for the battery backup.

any recommendations? do they even work?

I have a Smarthome 1626-10 10 Amp FilterLinc on my APC BX1000 UPS and used its unfiltered pass through outlet on the front for my Insteon 2413S PLM.
The PSC05 should work in the unfiltered outlet.

I have a Smarthome 1626-10 10 Amp FilterLinc on my APC BX1000 UPS and used its unfiltered pass through outlet on the front for my Insteon 2413S PLM.
The PSC05 should work in the unfiltered outlet.

Good to know!

I have a shelf at the outlet location so I am cramped for space...

The unfiltered pass through will be great. Planning on using it for the psc05, just like you

Hope it works...

Sounds like you have a bad unit, I don't remember the light being on continuously like that, but it has been several years for me. Was this a new unit, or used? I would definitely start the refund process.

There is a new device that just became avaiable about a month ago from JV Digital Engineering http://jvde.us called the XTB-523. It is a TW523/PSC05 emulator but provides a stronger signal out then the TW/PS modules. I just installed one on my M1G and so far, I have found it to be fully compatible and it works well. It also contains an LED which flashes different colors and number of flashes to indicate it operation. It seems like a good replacement product for the no longer available TW/PS modules.

I don't have a XTB-523 but can say their XTB-IIR Repeater Coupler and XTBM X10 signal meter. Are well made and I would expect the XTB-523 to be the same.

Back