You might live in upstate New York ...

Probably near that gas station (now abandoned) at the top of the hill? In Ridgefield, as you know, it is called Wilton Rd. I lived around there too, for a couple of years.

[Dan probably wants conversations taken offline]

Unsure about the location of that gas station, but this is the google maps link to near where I lived:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...009516&z=17

Couple miles south of the Ridgefield/Wilton line, though there isn't much civilization in between.

There is a google photo in the middle of that map, on Kent Pond - I used to stand on that rock to fish, as a kid. Skating every winter - I could walk to that pond from my house. There was a huge tract of woods behind my old house - I never found the other side during years of playing there; now it looks like there is a subdivision.

My current house borders a farm - not as much fun for my kids, I guess, but I can't complain. Only a matter of time before the farm becomes a subdivision.

Thanks for the OT section clearance, Dan. ;)

Beautiful pics there lagerhead. I hope we get some good snow in central PA in time for christmas, or at least the holidays. Right now, we sure have the cold for it.

Unsure about the location of that gas station, but this is the google maps link to near where I lived:
Right, it's a couple of miles north of there. A few years back (before CBS) David Letterman used to jog along Rt 33 and past my house in his Ball State sweats.

Right, it's a couple of miles north of there. A few years back (before CBS) David Letterman used to jog along Rt 33 and past my house in his Ball State sweats.

Back in high school (c. 1985), a buddy went to his house on halloween - "Aren't you boys a little old to be trick or treating?" :p He used to skate on Kent Pond. I don't know if he still lives in the area or not. I used to be a big fan, long ago, when he was allowed to be more 'eccentric'. Now he's pretty dull, to appeal to the masses.

It was 8 degrees F here in TN this AM - I guess I'm complaining about the cold in the wrong thread. :D

Back