Z-wave just keeps getting better...

Chris,
The Intermatic switches and dimmers will not have the in-field firmware update ability only the controllers support this function.

The pricing issue on the pro products (InTouch) is being addressed, so there is a good chance that once the products are shipping lower pricing will become available.

Jeff

J-Bo said:
The Intermatic switches and dimmers will not have the in-field firmware update ability only the controllers support this function.
Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification on the InTouch line. It is cool that you have field-upgradability in your controllers. That's very nice.

For those who don't know, Jeff is with Intermatic. It's nice to see manufacturers taking the time to post here from time to time...

Chris

Jeff:

Welcome. I wondering if Intouch will have the color issue fixed (White is not really white issue) with the switches.

Thanks

Mike

mbreeden said:
Jeff:

Welcome. I wondering if Intouch will have the color issue fixed (White is not really white issue) with the switches.

Thanks

Mike
Mike,

In case Jeff doesn't post here, the InTouch white is really white :(

I have also heard rumors that the retail line (HomeSettings) is moving to a white white as well...

Chris

I do not dislike the color it just that you get the two tone effect that the wife does not approve of

To bad they do not make the Wall plates to match the Intermatic line. My wife complains about them all the time and I have tried to move them too areas that she does not go often. :(

- Mike

I'm still a bit confused. What are the better switches:

ACT switches (ZDW100, ZDW120, ZDW103, etc.)
or
Intermatic HomeSetting switches (HA06C)

I am sure the Pro's are the best zwave switches but they are quite expensive. I would like to have "live status" and scene capable (with ramping) switches and am not sure with of the above switches will do this.

jls944 said:

or

I am sure the Pro's are the best zwave switches but they are quite expensive. I would like to have "live status" and scene capable (with ramping) switches and am not sure with of the above switches will do this.
Both of those product lines update their status by polling. If you want live status, you'll need to get the new "pro" products coming to market.

Chris

jls944 said:

or

If you are a HomeSeer user you can get instant status using the switches which mention "Supports Instant Status through HomeSeer" on this page:
http://www.homeseer.com/products/hardware/...ve_hardware.htm
There have been discussions on the means by which HS is getting the instant status but the fact is when you turn a light on of off HomeSeer instantly knows about it without polling.

Back