Beta test a free android app for WebControl

Thanks, Lou. I think we are talking about same thing. In the Android emulator, when we hit the On or Off button, the one being hit will light up, without referesh.  I don't know if that is the case on Android pad.  At least your Android phone does not show the color change.  Do you know the Android version of your phone?  What is the screen size?  The input state change will need refresh to be able to get update.

Lou Apo said:
Not sure we are talking about the same thing.  I am using my android phone.  

When you tap the button, there is no feedback at all to the user that he actually did anything.  For all you know, the app is frozen or you fat fingered it and hit the next button or missed the button all together.  It is not until after you hit "refresh" that the display changes confirming that indeed you hit the button.

Perhaps you could implement a sound effect to acknowledge that the button registered a press as well as a little blink of the button.  Then perhaps it would also automatically do a refresh.

It took 2 times pressing "Wait", but eventually it did start up.

On my TTL Outputs, the icons do change as I press them (the 'circle' changes colors). I have relays attached, so I hear the relays click pretty much as I push the button.

Output 4 is also working properly. :)

So far so good.

Hi Pittom,

does not your note2 pad change color from dim to active, either, when you pressing on the output buttons?
Which version of Android is that?  Dr. Lou has similar issue.  But we don't know the Android version.

it is Galaxy Note II phone and the colors do change. I will check on a android pad i have and let you know

I'm running android 2.2.  I know its old, but I rooted it, set it up they I wanted, and I have had no need to change anything since it works perfectly.  I hate to screw with it since I am afraid I may lose my root and I just don't feel like spending hours trying to undo any untoward affects.

But I just confirmed again.  When I push the on or off button on an output, it does nothing to the image on the screen.  It does turn the output on or off and I can see the outputs turn on and off if I am watching the board.  It actually responds very fast.  Usually "instant" to the naked eye.

Once I hit refresh, it does show the output to have changed states.

Dr. Lou also have the phone that does not auto refresh the color when output is pressed.  On pad, that seems changing.

Dr. Lou also have the phone that does not auto refresh the color when output is pressed.  On pad, that seems changing.

just tried on pad  Archos g9  android 4.0.3  and color does change when push buttion just no auto refresh

when you made app what version did you set it up for? if it was set up for version 3.0 (just saying)then anything above will work but below 3 might not

some times it works in emulator but won't work in older android version,that is what happen to me when i was building app

pittom said:
some times it works in emulator but won't work in older android version,that is what happen to me when i was building app
I know. Android SDK allows to download different versions of Android, so that developers could test the app in all different versions. However, the emulator is different from real thing, that is too bad.

We will implement the auto-refresh feature, so that even Android on cell phones not showing the color change, with auto-refresh working, it will update the display in couple seconds.  However, refreshing too often could cause increased usage in network traffic on WebControl, it could compete with email and WEBSET features for network TCP sockets on board.

Perhaps a user-configurable refresh timer (as a field under setup), in seconds? That way, if I only want to refresh every 300 seconds, I can.

Back