Can't get elk m1 to dial out

drelky

Ok, I have to be missing something stupid but any ideals why my elk will not dial out on an alarm? I can call into the elk and get the remote programming option from an outside line and an inside line so I think it is wired right. I have the telephone account set up to dial a number but i can't get it to work. I don't think the elk even siezes the line. (The light does not come on on the main board) I have the elk wired into a RJ31X jack that came on my Channel Plus DMT-24 telephone distribution hub. I think I have it wired right but there is no documentation on it and I tried the rj31x jack that came with the elk and the same thing happend. Can't dial out. Any thoughts or suggestions would help. I would like to write a rule to dial out but don't know how. Thanks!

Can you take a screen shot of how you have it programmed so we can see if anything is missing? Also do you have the report codes programmed?

Can you take a screen shot of how you have it programmed so we can see if anything is missing? Also do you have the report codes programmed?
sure, i'll work on it

update though i figured out that i could download the elk-rp software from the dealer zone on the website, duh. I was able to write a script to dial out just fine when I pressed F4.

Err...

Back