Haiku HAI and the iPAD

@lupinglade

Great job on the app. Really fantastic to see a native app that can take advantage of the iPad real estate. I also think the Favorites function is one that has been sorely missing from all other HAI control apps. Short of a full costom interface, this looks to be a great solution. Looking forward to the revision making it to the store.

Glad you like it! The update should be released very soon, it is currently in review. We already have another update coming too :D Feel free to post any ideas or feature requests!

Here's the iPad version with the updated look.

Screen_shot_2010_08_25_at_3.12.21_PM.jpg

i purchased this app, we also have myro control and myro shows the HAI sound interface - but this app doesn't give me any option to control the Russound audio, any ideas?

Glad you like it! The update should be released very soon, it is currently in review. We already have another update coming too :mellow: Feel free to post any ideas or feature requests!

Here's the iPad version with the updated look.

I may have missed it but do you already have an enhancement or feature request list somewhere? I have some feedback to add a few functions that I'm used to on the keypads and the H@me app, but don't want to offer up things that are already on the table.

Thanks,

Trey

i purchased this app, we also have myro control and myro shows the HAI sound interface - but this app doesn't give me any option to control the Russound audio, any ideas?

I can control my Russound CAV and CAM without issue, but I am missing feedback of station and metadata on the built in XM tuner. Zone, source, and next/prev buttons are working properly. Mute, volume also good for me, although I'm unsure what the Sources "tab" at the top does. It lists my sources but doesn't allow me to drill into them or select from what I can tell.

would it be possible to make a "lite" version which is like a trial for the app. i would like the option to try out the app and see how it performs, button layout/positioning and overall feel. obviously the lite version would not be a fully functioning app, maybe somethiing like the ability to only control 1 thermostat, 5 lights, 3 audio zones, etc.

i think this would be a versatile solution where potential customers can try it out and see how well it performs and also offer up feature requests/bug list. any chance for this?

Try relaunching the app? Are you sure there is no Audio tab that appears? It should be working fine, we test against Russound here.

Let me know.

I may have missed it but do you already have an enhancement or feature request list somewhere? I have some feedback to add a few functions that I'm used to on the keypads and the H@me app, but don't want to offer up things that are already on the table.

Nope, posting your suggestions here would be fine though :mellow:

Mute, volume also good for me, although I'm unsure what the Sources "tab" at the top does. It lists my sources but doesn't allow me to drill into them or select from what I can tell.

Hmm, we'll look into the XM tuner not showing channel info.

Currently the sources tab is nothing other than being informational. We'll see if we can come up with a use for them, otherwise we may just remove that list to avoid confusion.

would it be possible to make a "lite" version which is like a trial for the app. i would like the option to try out the app and see how it performs, button layout/positioning and overall feel. obviously the lite version would not be a fully functioning app, maybe somethiing like the ability to only control 1 thermostat, 5 lights, 3 audio zones, etc.

i think this would be a versatile solution where potential customers can try it out and see how well it performs and also offer up feature requests/bug list. any chance for this?

We'll see about doing that, in the mean time there is a video of it linked earlier in the thread that you can look at. We'll be doing a newer video for both iphone and ipad soon as well.

Initial use feedback:

- General - very fast to update display change of state
- General - Favorites are a fantastic addition to this type of app. Gives something closer to customization without design complexity.
- Security - I like that you treat a bypassed zone as a security item. I typically leave my system on Day when I am home by bypass the porch door to let the pets in and out. Omnitouch and other software I've used doesn't display bypassed zone info very well if at all.
- Security - I like that the zones are separated by type. This is very useful for me. Would be nice to be able to drag a "type" to re-order.
- Status - page isn't showing my Area status (Away, Off, Day, Night, etc.) and on the Security tab, the top corner mode selector is always showing "Off" even when in other modes.
- Status - would like to see inclusion of Sunrise/Sunset data and possibly controller time for times when I am accessing the system from another time zone (iPad clock may not be controller time). Other data elements such as battery reading may be useful to be able to toggle (settings use?)
- Climate - would be nice to be able to mask or hide RH on climate zones where I don't have humidity sensor or humidifier control.
- Control - I am unable to access Timed settings for my lights, but that may be the type of lighting I have (Lightolier Compose UPB). The ViziaRF lights I have do have a Timer function, but I'm getting an "Error Controller Command failed) when I try to turn those lights off. I see all my ViziaRF light loads under one "room" but am unable to turn them off - getting same error. Also, on timer, I often use the timer function to remind myself of laundry, check somethign on the stove, etc by using the timer to set the lights OFF for some period of time. When the light comes on, I know to go check on something.
- Control - What triggers the indicator in Control to be active. I am showing a 1 on mine, but can't figure out why?
- Control - All On and All Off needed
- Settings - nothing shown on mine. future use?
- More, Edit to reorder "dock" - very nice

Really a great first effort and I like that you were the first to market with a true iPad application that takes advantage of the increased real estate and handles rotation well.

Updated

My issues are on on the list.

I really like that it is an iPad application. And the new version looks better. Each screen shows more data and this thing has potential. I'm looking forward to version 1.

Back