Haiku HAI and the iPAD

Ok a couple of things:

1. The messages row on the Status screen gets cut off
2. Can you store the password to speed up the arming/disarming of the system
3. How do you store credentials for cameras or do I have to leave them wide open? I could setup vlans to get the cameras off the public network.
4. Can I put the favorites button on the bottom of the screen with the rest of the categories?

Otherwise this is a nice solution. Keep up the great work!

Ok a couple of things:

1. The messages row on the Status screen gets cut off

Can you please explain this in a little more detail?

2. Can you store the password to speed up the arming/disarming of the system

We'll add this to the todo list.

3. How do you store credentials for cameras or do I have to leave them wide open? I could setup vlans to get the cameras off the public network.

You can enter the url like this: http://user:password@cameraip/video.mjpeg

4. Can I put the favorites button on the bottom of the screen with the rest of the categories?

Sure, just use the "Customize" option in the More section.

Otherwise this is a nice solution. Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

Lupinglade: any chance of getting better support for alc lighting systems? right now the only way to do it is to create buttons in pc access. It doesn't give much control over lights and of course they don't show up under control....

Thanks!

Cb

Lupinglade: any chance of getting better support for alc lighting systems? right now the only way to do it is to create buttons in pc access. It doesn't give much control over lights and of course they don't show up under control....

What version of Haiku are you using? The latest? You can check in More->About in Haiku. What are your ALC lights configured as in PC Access for the units?

What version of Haiku are you using? The latest? You can check in More->About in Haiku. What are your ALC lights configured as in PC Access for the units?

Hi Lupinglade. I'm using V1.4. My lights are configured at Units just as the HAI UPB units are configured (see screen shot). Unfortunately there is no nice UI in Haiku that ties into the switches as there is for UPB or Centralite. There is nothing under controls at all (no scenes etc). It would be nice to control the units individually or with scenes. Interestingly enough, if I tap on the small forward arrow under control and tap on "All On", it does turn on all the lights in the house, but not really practical. Right now the only way I can control them through Haiku is by creating one button for "On" and one button for "Off" (no dimming) and running the button. But it's very clunky and not nearly as graceful as it appears controlling the lights via "Control" would be. If you need a beta tester I'd be more than happy to help.

Thx

CB

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 25
Thanks lupinglade! I didn't know you had to name them. They are now showing up and much easier to operate! A question about scenes - I suppose the scenes Haiku reads are those defined in PC Access? If so I'll have to bug HAI about adding some support for ALC Scenes. They support a number of other technologies for scenes but not the ALC switches as of yet.

CB

Another update submitted -- this one adds renaming of Zones, Units, Areas, etc etc. Double tapping the title in any unit/zone/area/etc view will let you edit the name. The changes are only stored within Haiku, not on your controller. But this lets you have up to 25 characters for the name, instead of the short names that the controller provides. Also added dimming for RA2 units.

Here's the change log for the last two versions for anyone that is interested:

1.5 - Submitted February 6th, Approved ???

- Makes dimming available on RadioRA2 units
- Adds renaming of objects (double tap the top label inside an object's view to edit)

1.4 - Submitted January 27th, Approved January 31st

- Support for Outputs
- Full CentraLite scene support
- Improved Leviton ViziaRF support for configurations where rooms are not defined
- Improved status displays for thermostats
- Animation bug fixes for thermostats

Help with Haiku 1.5 - I've gone into the Configure screen (I think this is where you would change the order of items on the bottom of the screen)

But - what do I do then. Drag and Drop does not seem to work.

thanks in advance

Tap the More item at the bottom right then tap it once more to ensure you're at the root level. Then tap the Edit bottom in the top left. Now you should be able to drag and replace items. The key thing here is that you can't change the number of items, you can only rearrange or replace them. Hope that helps...

Back