Haiku HAI and the iPAD

- Status - page isn't showing my Area status (Away, Off, Day, Night, etc.) and on the Security tab, the top corner mode selector is always showing "Off" even when in other modes.

Does your main area have a name set? If not, that may be the problem. I'll do some testing here.

- Status - would like to see inclusion of Sunrise/Sunset data and possibly controller time for times when I am accessing the system from another time zone (iPad clock may not be controller time). Other data elements such as battery reading may be useful to be able to toggle (settings use?)

That's planned. For now some of this info is in About.

- Climate - would be nice to be able to mask or hide RH on climate zones where I don't have humidity sensor or humidifier control.

Good suggestion, what does it read as when there is no humidity sensor? Maybe we can make it automatically hide it?

- Control - I am unable to access Timed settings for my lights, but that may be the type of lighting I have (Lightolier Compose UPB). The ViziaRF lights I have do have a Timer function, but I'm getting an "Error Controller Command failed) when I try to turn those lights off. I see all my ViziaRF light loads under one "room" but am unable to turn them off - getting same error. Also, on timer, I often use the timer function to remind myself of laundry, check somethign on the stove, etc by using the timer to set the lights OFF for some period of time. When the light comes on, I know to go check on something.

We'll need to do some testing with these non-HAI units, I'll contact you about it.

- Control - What triggers the indicator in Control to be active. I am showing a 1 on mine, but can't figure out why?

It means there is one unit that is lit.

- Control - All On and All Off needed

On the todo.

- Settings - nothing shown on mine. future use?

That is User Settings, you have to define some using PC Access and then you will be able to access them.

Thanks for the feedback!

My install continues to crash. Tried the update. It crashes on security. Settings is empty. On update it crashes on status. Since status is the first screen, it will no longer come up.

Yes, this is a known upgrade issue from 0.90 to 0.95, but it has been corrected in 0.96. To work around it you can uninstall and reinstall the app (you won't be charged again by the App Store).

Setting is blank. I'm not sure what it is designed to do.

That is because you have no User Settings defined on the controller (they are defined using PC Access).

Security has a button on the upper right corner. It is not labeled. When you select it you have the option to turn on security. I think it should be labeled.

Normally it is labeled displaying the status of the security system. I will look into it.

Security has a major problem. If you arm the system, it does not require a passcode. So, if someone got your iPad, they have complete control of your security system. They can do anything. The HAI iPhone app, requires a login. The event screen says PC Access Armed or Disarmed. So when you use this app, it will not tell you who did what. Just PC Access. With the HAI app, because it requires the login, it records who armed or disarmed.

A code entry screen is on the to do list for this.

Audio - russound source data is missing. It just lists your sources. No data or control.

What kind of sources are you referring to? We've been able to test with the iPod dock here and it works fine. Do you mean XM/radio? If so, we've just fixed that and an update is coming very soon (already submitted).

A note to the developer. You really really need to correct the security login. This is a security risk. It needs clean up, but I'm excited about the potential.

Working on it :) It will be there by 1.0 :)

I need more time to play with this. What is the star? For example when you select a zone, it comes up and asks you to Bypass. I wanted to hit the star to close the dialog but it does nothing. You have to tap away to get out. I want to try this screen creator (Favorites). Could use a doc to read.

The star is to mark/unmark it as a favorite (to display in the Favorites tab/section) ;)

Sounds like you are all over this.

I'll play around with audio and send you something more specific. By the way, I like the Relative Humidity data. If it is greater then 0, don't hide it. That is a differentiator to the HAI iPhone app.

Thanks for your work on this. Looking forward to ver 1.

- Status - page isn't showing my Area status (Away, Off, Day, Night, etc.) and on the Security tab, the top corner mode selector is always showing "Off" even when in other modes.

Does your main area have a name set? If not, that may be the problem. I'll do some testing here.

- Status - would like to see inclusion of Sunrise/Sunset data and possibly controller time for times when I am accessing the system from another time zone (iPad clock may not be controller time). Other data elements such as battery reading may be useful to be able to toggle (settings use?)

That's planned. For now some of this info is in About.

- Climate - would be nice to be able to mask or hide RH on climate zones where I don't have humidity sensor or humidifier control.

Good suggestion, what does it read as when there is no humidity sensor? Maybe we can make it automatically hide it?

- Control - I am unable to access Timed settings for my lights, but that may be the type of lighting I have (Lightolier Compose UPB). The ViziaRF lights I have do have a Timer function, but I'm getting an "Error Controller Command failed) when I try to turn those lights off. I see all my ViziaRF light loads under one "room" but am unable to turn them off - getting same error. Also, on timer, I often use the timer function to remind myself of laundry, check somethign on the stove, etc by using the timer to set the lights OFF for some period of time. When the light comes on, I know to go check on something.

We'll need to do some testing with these non-HAI units, I'll contact you about it.

- Control - What triggers the indicator in Control to be active. I am showing a 1 on mine, but can't figure out why?

It means there is one unit that is lit.

- Control - All On and All Off needed

On the todo.

- Settings - nothing shown on mine. future use?

That is User Settings, you have to define some using PC Access and then you will be able to access them.

Thanks for the feedback!

I only had one area defined and in that case, PC access doesn't show any areas. I had to set it to 2 areas so I coudl see the names and you area correct, I did not have my area named. Once I named it and restarted, it is now working properly. I have another issue where when I set the security to any setting (Off, Day, Night, etc.) from your app, it shows 17 zones as "Not Ready". None of these Zones are "clickable" so I don't have any info on which ones it is picking up and throwing the erroneous info on. If I close the app and restart, it goes back to correct reporting of all Zones. When it throws the odd data, all my actual zones are correctly reported, status wise.

My temp zones read
Mode @ XXF (-40% RH)
as I don't have humidity sensors or controls on those 3 zones.

Indicators on Control only work on my non UPB units; most of my lights are 2 way UPB Compose/Lightolier and they do not add to the count you show. My ViziaRF does seem to report and increment the count on the Units.

I've never used User Settings - will have to break out the manual to see if it's something I can make use of.

Thanks for the response and I'll keep the feedback coming. It's really nice to see the develop so responsive and addressing feature requests so quickly.

I only had one area defined and in that case, PC access doesn't show any areas. I had to set it to 2 areas so I coudl see the names and you area correct, I did not have my area named. Once I named it and restarted, it is now working properly. I have another issue where when I set the security to any setting (Off, Day, Night, etc.) from your app, it shows 17 zones as "Not Ready". None of these Zones are "clickable" so I don't have any info on which ones it is picking up and throwing the erroneous info on. If I close the app and restart, it goes back to correct reporting of all Zones. When it throws the odd data, all my actual zones are correctly reported, status wise.

Already corrected the unnamed area bug, I'll send you a test build shortly. Do the 17 zones have any names?

My temp zones read
Mode @ XXF (-40% RH)
as I don't have humidity sensors or controls on those 3 zones.

Okay, added code that will hide it when its below 0.

Indicators on Control only work on my non UPB units; most of my lights are 2 way UPB Compose/Lightolier and they do not add to the count you show. My ViziaRF does seem to report and increment the count on the Units.

That may be because the compose/lightolier units are considered rooms? Can you possibly take a screenshot (using the power + home button) of what your unit arrangement looks like in Haiku?

I've never used User Settings - will have to break out the manual to see if it's something I can make use of.

It lets you have programming variables that are configurable from the interface.

Thanks for the response and I'll keep the feedback coming. It's really nice to see the develop so responsive and addressing feature requests so quickly.

Thanks for all your help!

Can the unit names be customized or are you stuck with the truncated names from the controller?
Is the software compatible with the HAi camera server?
Is the Iphone version a separate purchase from the Ipad version?
Thanks.

Can the unit names be customized or are you stuck with the truncated names from the controller?

Not currently, we'll look at adding that feature though. Isn't it a lot of work customizing it on every panel every time you make a change on the controller though?

Is the software compatible with the HAi camera server?

Yes, should work fine, since they are just MJPEG feeds AFAIK.

Is the Iphone version a separate purchase from the Ipad version?

Nope, same app runs on both.

Thanks for the latest release. Security code panel works great! Very much love this application.

More data on audio. I have 12 zones and 6 sources.
Zones 1 and 2 - I see all 6 sources
Zone 3 - I see 5 sources
Zone 4 - I see 4 sources
Zone 5 - I see 3 sources
Zone 6 - I see 2 sources
Zone 7 - I see 1 source
Zone 8 - I see 1 source
Zone 9 - I see 2 sources
Zone 10 - I see 3 sources
Zone 11 - I see 4 sources
Zone 12 - I see 5 sources

Let me know if you need more data. Thanks!

Thanks for the latest release. Security code panel works great! Very much love this application.

More data on audio. I have 12 zones and 6 sources.
Zones 1 and 2 - I see all 6 sources
Zone 3 - I see 5 sources
Zone 4 - I see 4 sources
Zone 5 - I see 3 sources
Zone 6 - I see 2 sources
Zone 7 - I see 1 source
Zone 8 - I see 1 source
Zone 9 - I see 2 sources
Zone 10 - I see 3 sources
Zone 11 - I see 4 sources
Zone 12 - I see 5 sources

Let me know if you need more data. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! This issue will be fixed in the next update.

Just a sneak peak at the new status views for things like the thermostat, auxiliary sensors, lights, etc:

Screen_shot_2010_09_06_at_4.20.52_PM.jpg

Back