4 wire smoke to ELK

murlyns

Can you tell me how do I hook up a 4-Wire Smoke Detector when I am using a ELK- M1XIN (M1 16 Zone input Expander) that is located in a remote building and thus unable to power the smoke off the +SAUX and NEG out put on the main M1 board.

Thanks

I put this post on the elk board the other day and no reply!

Can you tell me how do I hook up a 4-Wire Smoke Detector when I am using a ELK- M1XIN (M1 16 Zone input Expander) that is located in a remote building and thus unable to power the smoke off the +SAUX and NEG out put on the main M1 board.

Thanks

I put this post on the elk board the other day and no reply!

The problem will be how do you reset a detector that goes into alarm. To reset you have to remove power for a few seconds and then restore the power. The SAUX is switched off for about 5 seconds when you do a smoke detector reset from the keypad.

Option would be to be a relay module on the 4 wire bus in the remote building and write a rule that when a smoke detector reset occurs to trip the relay for 5 seconds. Run the power from the positive of the aux bus through the relay contact. I would STRNGLY reccomend you use a supervision relay for the smoke zone as well so you know the detector has power.

Check with your local inspector to make sure they will accept this as well.

Good Luck!!

Back