Analog Camera into PC

apostolakisl

I would like to input my analog cameras into a pc. Has anyone used something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Does it work and how do you address the cameras once it is in the pc? Is it like having an IP based camera?

The deal here is that I have a pre-iphone camera system with its own dvr. I want to move to having an iphone accessable system so figure I can use the same cameras but switch to a pc based dvr with iphone supporting software. On that note, software suggestions are appreciated. I saw another thread commenting on blue iris, but I didn't see any mention of iphone support on their website.

Thanks

Hi,
That link in your post does not support remote viewing using Iphone. It will only work on a PC with Internet Explorer. see my answers to your questions below:

I would like to input my analog cameras into a pc. Has anyone used something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Does it work and how do you address the cameras once it is in the pc? Is it like having an IP based camera?you need to install this card on an available PCI slot on your PC. One Ip address per PC. This card comes with a software that you need to install and run 24X7 on the PC where you mount the DVR card. This is not the same as having an IP based camera

The deal here is that I have a pre-iphone camera system with its own dvr. I want to move to having an iphone accessable system so figure I can use the same cameras but switch to a pc based dvr with iphone supporting software. On that note, software suggestions are appreciated. I saw another thread commenting on blue iris, but I didn't see any mention of iphone support on their website.

Thanks

I am using HIKvision dvr card (DS4008HCI) running on a dedicated PC .

we have integrated blue iris into our mobile phone apps and i believe when we did it the images were around 320x240 coming from blue iris so they may have some kind of generic web page view. not a native app like ours but it may suffice for your needs.

we integrate with others here Total Control Compatibility List. Look for NVR on the list. They may have some web page viewer also.

you can also use something like a video encoder hooked up to the analog out of your current dvr. this is a cheap, popular one Aviosys 9100a

excuse me, my name syamsul rizal. i am a student who is working on final
project.
my final project is about "pin detector parking use DS-4008HCI"
but a have some problems. i still can't connect between DS-4008HCI with
CCTV.
if i would make the new software, whether to use C++?
can i make it on windows OS?

i hope you can help me. please your guidance and email me in
"[email protected]"

Back