announcer rule

okcpsidata

My problem is that I have a pir motion detector that I want to control a x-10 relay module.

The Pir is zone 5 the relay module is lighting control dev 18 (b2) .

My issue is that I have set up a rule to trigger the Module whenever zone 5 goes unsecured. It works but it keeps tripping as the Pir retriggers. The relay module go crazy and keeps tripping. I would like it to fire the B2 module once say every 5 minutes. It just keeps tripping it over and over again. The idea is to have thee b2 module be an entrance warning so it only have to trip (sound) once when someone enter the area not every time they move.

Thanks.

My problem is that I have a pir motion detector that I want to control a x-10 relay module.

The Pir is zone 5 the relay module is lighting control dev 18 (b2) .

My issue is that I have set up a rule to trigger the Module whenever zone 5 goes unsecured. It works but it keeps tripping as the Pir retriggers. The relay module go crazy and keeps tripping. I would like it to fire the B2 module once say every 5 minutes. It just keeps tripping it over and over again. The idea is to have thee b2 module be an entrance warning so it only have to trip (sound) once when someone enter the area not every time they move.

Thanks.
Try this:
Code:
Whenever zone 5 becomes not secure 
then turn output 100 on for 5 minutes (restart timer if already running)

whenever outout 100 turns on 
then turn on light b2

whenever output 100 turns off
then turn off light b2

Try this:
Code:
Whenever zone 5 becomes not secure 
then turn output 100 on for 5 minutes (restart timer if already running)

whenever outout 100 turns on 
then turn on light b2

whenever output 100 turns off
then turn off light b2

This would work with less rules (since he's just doing an announcement, I use something similar for my garage door open announcement:

Whenever PIR becomes not secure
then turn on output 100 for 5 mins (restart timer if running)
Whenever output 100 turns on
then announce misc whatever

Back