Any H.A. Software with Historical Trending

lazyone

Just curious if any of the Home Automation software out there has fairly easy to use, built in historical logging, trending and reporting.

On the back end, I would like to have a single database where I can add "devices" to log. The database would log on state change or by sample rate (say every 5 minutes). I would like to log Temperature, security sensors, insteon switch condition, etc.

On the front end, I would like an interface where I can easily create reports and graphs. Some of the reports or graphs might be:
* How long the lights were "on"
* Yesterdays (or last weeks, etc.) temperatures inside and outside
* When was the last time a security sensor was tripped
* Use your imagination...

Finally, once the graphs and or reports are setup, they could be automated and included in web pages or .net displays.

I imagine this exists and I just haven't found it.

Also, I need the software to handle Insteon, Aprilaire thermostats and Elk M1G connections.

Looking forward to feedback.

Just out of curiosity, do you do SQL?

I don't have any trending in my app, but since everything is stored in MySQL5, you could make any report you can think of via any tool that has ODBC. Not sure if anyone would be willing to write their own reports, but thought the ability would be nice.

Ops, I did let that slip. I finished the conversion from SQL Server 2005 to MySQL5.0 last night. =)

Anyways, I think DooMotion for HomeSeer does a little but does not cover most of your requirements.

Vaughn

HomeSeer has a logging plugin that log all activity to a database. It's called UltraLog. I've not used it so I'm not sure if it does graphing or not. Here's the description:
HSPI UltraLog for HomeSeer2

Written in VB.Net 2003.
All 100% managed code.

HomeSeer2 Logging Features:

Ability to save and recall SQL queries.
Logs all HomeSeer log events to a database in real-time.
Ability to open and close database connections while plug-in is running.
Debuging output to troubleshoot database connection issues.
Currently supports Microsoft Access 2000 (database included) and Microsoft SQL 2000.
Ability to specify custom connection strings.
Ability to purge database records after a specified number of months.
Web page supports query, filter, status and options.
Syslog Logging Features:
Ability to log syslog messages.
Ability to ignore syslog messages based on severity.
Ability to specify ip address and port.

Planned features not yet complete:
Triggers for HomeSeer log events received based on regular expressions.
Triggers for Syslog events received based on regular expressions.

HomeSeer also handles Insteon, Aprilaire thermostats and Elk M1G connections all via available plugins.

Vaughn - I do a bit of SQL and would be interested in your HA software. Have you released it to the public yet?

Rupp - Thanks. I had seen that solution, but have been trying to avoid Homeseer. I tried the trial version of 2.0 and wasn't real crazy about the web interface. Also, it seems that you have to spend $40 for every new interface, which I really don't like.

lazyone said:
Rupp - Thanks. I had seen that solution, but have been trying to avoid Homeseer. I tried the trial version of 2.0 and wasn't real crazy about the web interface. Also, it seems that you have to spend $40 for every new interface, which I really don't like.
lazyone,
I believe your getting a bit of misinformation. I've notice a bit of prevarication towards Homeseer. Not only is UltraLog a free plugin but so is the Insteon plugin as well as the thermostate scripts to control the thermostats. So I'm not sure what was meant by "you have to spend $40 for every new interface".

Thanks for the information Rupp. I might just have to give it another chance. I did not know Ultralog was free.

However, I did just click over to the Homeseer web site and counted four 3rd party plug-in that I would be interested in, each costing $30 to $40. They will add up over time.

lazyone said:
Thanks for the information Rupp. I might just have to give it another chance. I did not know Ultralog was free.

However, I did just click over to the Homeseer web site and counted four 3rd party plug-in that I would be interested in, each costing $30 to $40. They will add up over time.
It will cost you if you need several paid plugins but I do not use any paid plugins so it's not that bad of a "hit" for me.

There's a free graphing tool that is used with UltraLog and it's available here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=102980

HomeSeer and mcsTemperature does logging and graphing of temps and motion, but is a -not for free- plug in . . .

Pete C

I love my country, but fear my government.

Back