bought house with omni iie, now what?

snevetssirk

Hi all - I just bought a house that has an omni iie controller. It does not seem to have a console.

I have been searching for a console online but it doesn't seem like anyone has one.

I figured out its IP address and tried to connect to it via "nqlink" but I get an error about the key being incorrect.

Of course, I have no idea what the key is and I don't think I can get one without a console so what now?  

Other than wanting to replace a couple of HLC 8 button House-Status switches (because some buttons don't seem to work) the system works as far as it goes but I would love to be able to control it from a smart phone app, etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks very  much in advance.

Kris

Controller key's is private keys for secure internet connection. Only way to see it via Omni Console.
From Omni Console press 9 -> fill installer code -> press 6 -> scroll down you can see IP, PORT, KEY 1, KEY2.,etc.  fill Key1 and Key2 to app

LQtechvn said:
Controller key's is private keys for secure internet connection. Only way to see it via Omni Console.
From Omni Console press 9 -> fill installer code -> press 6 -> scroll down you can see IP, PORT, KEY 1, KEY2.,etc.  fill Key1 and Key2 to app

Thanks for the reply. Unless I can find and buy a console I guess I'm out of luck?

What is it used for? I've never heard of an Omni system used without a keypad, usually people need at least one to arm/disarm the system.

What is it used for?

The keyboard console is a serially connected device which you can utilize to program, send commands to devices like lamps or enable or disable the alarm panel.

You can do this via software like the NQLink Android software mentioned above or iOS or Windows software or Homeseer / OmniPlugin or Home Assistant OmniLinkBridge software.

I've seen used and new Leviton HAI Omni consoles on Ebay. 

Looked and did not see any new or used console on Ebay.

There is a new one here ==>  HAI 33A00-4 Omni Console == > hxxps://www.smarthome-products.com/p-3875-hai-33a00-4-omni-console-with-speaker-microphone.aspx

pete_c said:
What is it used for?

The keyboard console is a serially connected device which you can utilize to program, send commands to devices like lamps or enable or disable the alarm panel.

You can do this via software like the NQLink Android software mentioned above or iOS or Windows software or Homeseer / OmniPlugin or Home Assistant OmniLinkBridge software.

I've seen used and new Leviton HAI Omni consoles on Ebay. 

Looked and did not see any new or used console on Ebay.

There is a new one here ==>  HAI 33A00-4 Omni Console == > hxxps://www.smarthome-products.com/p-3875-hai-33a00-4-omni-console-with-speaker-microphone.aspx
What I meant is what is the OMNI used for. To me it seems rather useless without a console.

Never heard of a system without one (although there are lots of things I haven't heard of).

Your Leviton HAI Omni IIe combo security / automation panel can be used for an alarm system and automation system.  

IE: for lighting you can plug in an X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and more controller to the panel to automate illumination.  You can set up an account with an alarm company to monitor the house security.

You would need to contract a knowledgeable Leviton OmniPro alarm person to configure the panel or DIY it using the Levition / HAI installation program called PCA Access.

For programming the panel the dealer access program would be optimal.

For consoles you can utilize a keypad console, touchscreen serial console or touchscreen ethernet console or Leviton software that runs on Windows or Android or iOS or the software mentioned above.

You can remove the panel and sell it; leave the sensors in place and connect the sensors to another panel for security via a contracting alarm company.

The Leviton Omni panels are no longer made by Leviton.  That said it is a unique device in that it does security and automation and one of the first combo panels to exist from way long time ago.

It really depends on you and whether you want to use it or not and invest in getting it going or not.

pete_c said:
Your Leviton HAI Omni IIe combo security / automation panel can be used for an alarm system and automation system.  

IE: for lighting you can plug in an X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and more controller to the panel to automate illumination.  You can set up an account with an alarm company to monitor the house security.

You would need to contract a knowledgeable Leviton OmniPro alarm person to configure the panel or DIY it using the Levition / HAI installation program called PCA Access.

For programming the panel the dealer access program would be optimal.

For consoles you can utilize a keypad console, touchscreen serial console or touchscreen ethernet console or Leviton software that runs on Windows or Android or iOS or the software mentioned above.

You can remove the panel and sell it; leave the sensors in place and connect the sensors to another panel for security via a contracting alarm company.

The Leviton Omni panels are no longer made by Leviton.  That said it is a unique device in that it does security and automation and one of the first combo panels to exist from way long time ago.

It really depends on you and whether you want to use it or not and invest in getting it going or not.

So I guess the question is now this: if I buy the Omni console, does it just plug and play or do I need special software to configure it?

Background:

The home has eight lighting zones and around five 8 button switches to control the zones. Some of the switches may be warn out because while the indicator lights in the switch turn on and off to show which zones are on, many of the buttons don't work. I find myself scurrying around trying to find an 8-button pad that will turn on or off a particular zone. I am looking into buying more pads to replace the worn out ones, hoping they just work without programming.

But as to the Omni console, I am only interested in it because I think it will show me the key that I can use with various android or IOS apps that will control the lighting system. I also have a security system but I don't think it's very valuable given that I kind  of live in the sticks and would never turn it on.

The keypads for the security system are all over the house but I don't think they talk to the Omni because from what I can tell the console has to be serially connected, and the security keypads are not.

Thanks again.

picta said:
Security pad is all you need to get the keys. You also need an installer password that would allow you to enter programming on the security pad Does your keypad look like this?

https://www.leviton.com/en/products/33a00-1

Thanks, picta. I know it's been a while but I don't have any console that is specifically for the Omni IIe.  I have several alarm system keypads around the house, and I think they connect to the omni, but I don't have a console that would allow me to control the lights or provide a security code I can use to let me control the system from a mobile app.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong about all of this. What I know for sure is that my lighting system is a mess. I have to run around the house trying buttons on the 8-way switches until I find one that works. I can turn on the outside lights from 5 different places but can only turn them off from the pool house. 

Since all these switches are power over ethernet I am worried I will have to completely re-wire the house to get any control over it.

I would send a picture of the alarm panels if that helps. They certainly don't seem to have a lighting control mode though.

snevetssirk said:
Thanks, picta. I know it's been a while but I don't have any console that is specifically for the Omni IIe.  I have several alarm system keypads around the house, and I think they connect to the omni, but I don't have a console that would allow me to control the lights or provide a security code I can use to let me control the system from a mobile app.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong about all of this. What I know for sure is that my lighting system is a mess. I have to run around the house trying buttons on the 8-way switches until I find one that works. I can turn on the outside lights from 5 different places but can only turn them off from the pool house. 

Since all these switches are power over ethernet I am worried I will have to completely re-wire the house to get any control over it.

I would send a picture of the alarm panels if that helps. They certainly don't seem to have a lighting control mode though.
Yes, post a picture of "alarm system keypads".

picta said:
Yes, post a picture of "alarm system keypads".
it seems I'm not allowed to post images. I have inquired about whether that can be fixed.

In the mean time, I have confirmed that the omni II e does not have anything connected to the console port/wire connectors. Is it the case that one cannot program the system without something connected there?

In addition, there are five identical alarm panels. Three for the main house, another for the pool house. They all look like the device in the link:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jyoQXfT-2xE/maxresdefault.jpg

snevetssirk said:
it seems I'm not allowed to post images. I have inquired about whether that can be fixed.

In the mean time, I have confirmed that the omni II e does not have anything connected to the console port/wire connectors. Is it the case that one cannot program the system without something connected there?

In addition, there are five identical alarm panels. Three for the main house, another for the pool house. They all look like the device in the link:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jyoQXfT-2xE/maxresdefault.jpg
Like others have said, you should try to get an Omni keypad and connect it to the panel. This is the only way to get the keys out without pre-existing account in PC Access. The alarm panels look completely unrelated to the Omni.

picta said:
Like others have said, you should try to get an Omni keypad and connect it to the panel. This is the only way to get the keys out without pre-existing account in PC Access. The alarm panels look completely unrelated to the Omni.

Thank you for replying. You said above, I believe, that I need an installer password to enter programing on that device. If I misunderstood I will buy one immediately. If I need an installer password then buying one doesn't seem like it will help.

Back