CES Info

TonyNo

Here's one tidbit from a source at the show...

the upcoming Insteon RF remote ... 6 individual on/off (or dim/bright...not sure which) and an All on/All off Dim/Bright buttons.

BraveSirRobbin said:
here is a pic of the remote...
Borrowed plastic?

It looks like the case was designed for something else, and borrowed for this remote. Why else would "Dim", "Bright", "All On" and "All Off" be in a circle?

The arrangement of the circle is also a little counter-intuitive, IMHO. I would have put "Bright" on top, "Dim" on the bottom, "All Off" to the left and "All On" to the right.

HLS said:
Is that wire a security cable or is this a "wired" remote???? ;)
That's not a wire. It's the trim from the couch in the background.

Anyway... that remote is... disappointing. It's big, it's clunky. What's with all the wasted space in the middle? What's with the sloping of the 6 buttons? What the *^&@ were they thinking??? :eek:

Come on guys. You should know this is what you do "at the last minute" when your product really isn't ready for the "show". Give them a while longer and they may (or may not) get it down to the size of a normal remote.

Hey, at least they have one! Looks like there was a little display of some kind in the center, which was covered up for the show.

If it actually works, it is probably more of a proof of concept while they get the case constructed for it. If it doesn't work, then it is a prop, which would be unfortunate.

I certainly hope they have an IR Bridge on display -- that's what I've been waiting for.

Sean

splogue said:
Hey, at least they have one! Looks like there was a little display of some kind in the center, which was covered up for the show.
I'm betting that the center area is intended for a placard that you use to label the 6 buttons, similiar to the ControlLinc. I seriously doubt it's an LCD display.

Back